Being ultra positive

Chester40

I’d love top 2 obviously but we need the continued luck with form and injuries. 

I expect 2nd-4th.

only a week or so ago people were saying we couldn’t catch Cardiff because they had a 6 point cushion. Well, 2 games turned that around and the same could happen to us. We finish the season against some strong teams, one of the worst run ins. 

Did you watch the Brighton v Bournemouth game?

2-2 and two teams who were full of average players making the whole a better sum than the parts (and only marginally better at that!) 

there are lots of ‘individuals’ currently playing in he Prem that I wouldn’t have near our team, but in their team they are succeeding. 

Many of ours could do the same with the right manager. 

Yes we need more strength to come in, but, Burnley & Bournemouth show it is possible to take the majority with you. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

I am shocked how Gary has turned the team around so quickly. but for myself, I think we are getting better every month, also think some of our goals and passing have been different class at times, best keeper in the division, defensive solid, lighting quick on the break, and 4 great forwards to choose from at this level, so yes I deffo think we will end up in the top 2. ( my glass is always half full ).

If its only half full,top it up?

Believe most people on the forum thought a top eight finish was satisfactory for Rowetts first full season in charge,provided they could see positive transition with regard players in, players out and generally the club moving forward towards achieving promotion whilst playing attractive football.

The selling of two of our most creative player's Hughes and Ince raised eye browse, when it was apparent that as supporters we had a president of wanting to declutter the squad with more obvious names such as Blackman, wienmann, Bent and even Vydra at the time.

As the season started we watched mixed performances,often questioning why the likes of Hughes and Ince had gone, especially considering  how little they had been sold for ,being perceived by many of us that their combined value should have yielded many more millions.

In reality GR has jelled the team as a complete unit. Some thing even SM didn't achieve whilst having success.

Players such as Wienmann, and Vydra have found their feet ( pardon the pun ).The introduction of a few key players at moderate fees such as Ledley, Huddelstone, and Nugent providing professional work ethics and experience allowing us to see games out. Whilst The signing of Lawrence who has the potential to further develop and become a very competent exciting player shows just how much the squad has progressed in GR s relatively short reign.

No the football hasn't been great at times,especially the first 7 or so games when we appeared to be able to put it together for 20 or 30 mins in a game. However performances continue to improve both individually and as a collective unit ,seeing games out and taking points.

GR has accomplished a great deal in a relative short space of time,exceeding most supporters expectations should we finish above 8th. I personally believe promotion will now be our objective this season with a view of finishing 2nd.. And should we face the play offs are as good if not proving to be better than teams around us.

Lets hope it is our year for promotion and continued success, but unless the wheels fall off and we diminish ,falling outside the top six I think we should consider this as a better than expected season.

COYR.

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Believe most people on the forum thought a top eight finish was satisfactory for Rowetts first full season in charge,provided they could see positive transition with regard players in, players out and generally the club moving forward towards achieving promotion whilst playing attractive football.

The selling of two of our most creative player's Hughes and Ince raised eye browse, when it was apparent that as supporters we had a president of wanting to declutter the squad with more obvious names such as Blackman, wienmann, Bent and even Vydra at the time.

As the season started we watched mixed performances,often questioning why the likes of Hughes and Ince had gone, especially considering  how little they had been sold for ,being perceived by many of us that their combined value should have yielded many more millions.

In reality GR has jelled the team as a complete unit. Some thing even SM didn't achieve whilst having success.

Players such as Wienmann, and Vydra have found their feet ( pardon the pun ).The introduction of a few key players at moderate fees such as Ledley, Huddelstone, and Nugent providing professional work ethics and experience allowing us to see games out. Whilst The signing of Lawrence who has the potential to further develop and become a very competent exciting player shows just how much the squad has progressed in GR s relatively short reign.

No the football hasn't been great at times,especially the first 7 or so games when we appeared to be able to put it together for 20 or 30 mins in a game. However performances continue to improve both individually and as a collective unit ,seeing games out and taking points.

GR has accomplished a great deal in a relative short space of time,exceeding most supporters expectations should we finish above 8th. I personally believe promotion will now be our objective this season with a view of finishing 2nd.. And should we face the play offs are as good if not proving to be better than teams around us.

Lets hope it is our year for promotion and continued success, but unless the wheels fall off and we diminish ,falling outside the top six I think we should consider this as a better than expected season.

COYR.

Good post. I’ve said it a number of times, we are a WIP (Work In Progress). I reckon Rowett is very pleased and ahead of schedule with what he’s aiming for here. Optimism reigns :)

Archived