Adam Forshaw - Signed for Leeds

Mistaram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/15804956.MIDDLESBROUGH__Tony_Pulis_to_meet_Steve_Gibson_to_discuss_possible_Boro_departures/

"Clayton has attracted the interest of a host of Boro’s Championship rivals, including Saturday’s opponents, Sunderland, and one of his former clubs, Leeds United. Forshaw is also on Sunderland’s radar, along with that of promotion-seeking duo Derby County and Aston Villa."

1 minute ago, sage said:

They have 6 CM players

Yeah if it's true it's probably a good idea because Boro have a lot of quality midfielders and could do with offloading a couple. Means we might pick up somebody like Forshaw or Clayton for a lot cheaper than you'd expect. 

6 midfielders? If I remember they are all good quality too. The only ones I consider for us who can play in a 2 are Thorne, Ledley and Huddlestone, two of whom are in their 30s and the other one cannot play twice in a week and we are all crossing our fingers that his next injury isn't any time soon. Another centre midfielder, preferably one with bags of energy, would help reduce the work load on our centre mids.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

6 midfielders? If I remember they are all good quality too. The only ones I consider for us who can play in a 2 are Thorne, Ledley and Huddlestone, two of whom are in their 30s and the other one cannot play twice in a week and we are all crossing our fingers that his next injury isn't any time soon. Another centre midfielder, preferably one with bags of energy, would help reduce the work load on our centre mids.

Agreed. Will require careful management from Rowett though to keep all four on side. Also it will allow us to shift Johnson to being a bit part player with a view of moving him on. 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What position does he play in? Is he an attacking midfielder or is he more defensive minded like Clayton?

I've only seen him play in midfield three in a 4-3-3. He was the more attacking of those, but not a number 10 like Vydra. Decent player, good with the ball and gets stuck in. Would be happy if we signed him but, as I said, can't see Boro saying to a direct rival. 

Archived