Do we have any Guitar Players here?

DesertRam

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's a re-issue 68 custom Princeton. Only a couple of years old. Really sweet. I don't drive it, so it never goes past 4 on the volume but that's plenty.

I thought I saw they'd reissued some of the silver face stuff. I had a '65 reissue Deluxe Reverb for a while. The Carr is basically a hand-wired, 40W stage version of that. 

I use this Bogner Duende for recording. Effectively it's a 30W Tweed Deluxe. The Formula 55 overdrive on my board has a tweed preamp circuit in it, so I can get those sounds live from the Carr. 

D85EE413-FA26-4BDE-8A75-2D59F0E1BA1F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thinking of getting an acoustic, just to play in the pub. I'm a dedicated electric player, so it'll be for sessions only and doesn't have to be anything fancy. 

I like the idea of the smaller bodied parlour and travel guitars, of which the Taylor GS Mini looks like a good option. They do a mahogany top for a warmer sound. 

Anyone got one, or chosen something similar in preference?

1BEA5277-E329-43C0-A588-DE156609E890.jpeg

On 17/12/2017 at 06:28, ketteringram said:

Beautiful. How many do you currently have? I once had six, but am down to two these days. 

I have a cheap electric guitar as I prefer acoustic,

A Yamaha classical. (40 years old but still sounds great)

A Tanglewood 12 stringer (sounds like a band on its own)

Two guitaleles (Yamaha and Mahalo)

A Westfield 5 string banjo.

A vintage mandolin.

A vintage banjolin.

I love playing them all (preferably one at a time) and much prefer picking to strumming.

I also have flutes clarinets oboes recorders keyboards.....

And a long-suffering wife!?

51 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

I have a cheap electric guitar as I prefer acoustic,

A Yamaha classical. (40 years old but still sounds great)

A Tanglewood 12 stringer (sounds like a band on its own)

Two guitaleles (Yamaha and Mahalo)

A Westfield 5 string banjo.

A vintage mandolin.

A vintage banjolin.

I love playing them all (preferably one at a time) and much prefer picking to strumming.

I also have flutes clarinets oboes recorders keyboards.....

And a long-suffering wife!?

With all those to play, I can see why it took you nearly a year to answer the question! ?

lot0023.jpg

I used to have one of these, a 1968 Gibson B-15. Apparently this one sold at auction for £380. I loved it to bits, but the neck was fairly warped when I got hold of it very cheaply, and then later the top cracked and the insides gradually started to come unstuck.

It's quite small like the Taylor GS Mini, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the guitar they copied.

8 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Thinking of getting an acoustic, just to play in the pub. I'm a dedicated electric player, so it'll be for sessions only and doesn't have to be anything fancy. 

I like the idea of the smaller bodied parlour and travel guitars, of which the Taylor GS Mini looks like a good option. They do a mahogany top for a warmer sound. 

Anyone got one, or chosen something similar in preference?

1BEA5277-E329-43C0-A588-DE156609E890.jpeg

I recently bought a Yamaha LS 6. It's the best acoustic I've ever had. Much better than the Martin I once owned.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I recently bought a Yamaha LS 6. It's the best acoustic I've ever had. Much better than the Martin I once owned.

That looks sweet, but has a full scale length. I'm really looking at smaller options, like the Taylors and the Faith Nomads. 

Never been impressed with the sound of Martins, even old/ expensive ones, but I'm not into acoustics enough to judge, probably. Lowden always sound good to me, but I'm only looking at sub £500.

Archived