Ryan Williamson

Stuniverse

This week Derby Telegraph did an article on seven players who could join the Rams in January

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/players-derby-county-been-linked-888056

On that list was one player I'd missed reports on and having looked on the first three pages of this Forum can't find a thread for Dunfermline right-back Ryan Williamson.

Apparently we've been tracking him this season with a view to a move in January. The Derby Telegraph first reported our interest in September

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-reported-derby-county-target-544483

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Baird, genuinely. Says a lot about how great of a bloke and player he is that he turned it around here after a rocky start.

But we need to replace him, not only because he's old and on a Clement era contract but I think we could do with having the option of an overlapping RB in some games. I understand Rowett wants to use defenders whose primary concern is defending but there's matches where we need to break teams down.

We're already a really solid defensive side, Wisdom plays into that. But we're not that creative and we struggle to break teams down. If we're still in this league next season, I'd like to have a different option at full back.

That being said, I'd rather that option was an academy product like Stabana than a new signing.

11 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I love Baird, genuinely. Says a lot about how great of a bloke and player he is that he turned it around here after a rocky start.

But we need to replace him, not only because he's old and on a Clement era contract but I think we could do with having the option of an overlapping RB in some games. I understand Rowett wants to use defenders whose primary concern is defending but there's matches where we need to break teams down.

We're already a really solid defensive side, Wisdom plays into that. But we're not that creative and we struggle to break teams down. If we're still in this league next season, I'd like to have a different option at full back.

That being said, I'd rather that option was an academy product like Stabana than a new signing.

Give me a defender over an overlapper any day.

Baird kept a very dangerous Albert Adomah quiet on Saturday. He also helps organise the back four.

We had an overlapping full back in Christie but his defensive naivety cost us.

Archived