Derby v Chelsea 1968

loweman2

Just added these pics in the memorable match thread but thought it deserved a little space to itself.

on a recent visit to Jim Walker he gave me the match ball from that night, a night that many put down as the start of the Derby County purple patch that lasted until 1976.

i feel very privileged to be entrusted with a real piece of Derby County history!

26D8D390-020A-4291-A764-A57D7EDC511C.jpeg

70C1F08B-A941-4C4A-99CD-33CE064A6E7F.jpeg

25F0E475-D48A-4236-97B8-E853DD40ABD1.jpeg

F30DB0EC-3461-450F-97E2-C02AE58A23AF.jpeg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant thing to own. I love the fact that dave Mackay presented it to Jim walker for his efforts.

Jim was the understudy to alan Hinton and that gesture from mackay would have made him feel ten foot tall. 

Just shows what a great captain he was.

Great article, but I'm appalled that we went out to 3rd division Swindon. And ok, we beat Chelsea 3-1, but we still can't play well for a whole 90 minutes. And did we really need the extra games. We should have played a reserve team away in the first leg. More important that we concentrate on the league.

I'm still highly sceptical if this Clough guy can walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Did you hear his interview the other day. So arrogant and rude. The players are gonna tire of his antics soon and stop playing for him. If we do go up to the promised land, I suggest letting him go at the end of the season and getting a proper manager in with top div experience.

Archived