Are some posters still trying to hate Nigel? Or does Wembley still hurt too much?

sage

28 minutes ago, sage said:

I alluded to my criticism of this signing earlier. My criticism was of us signing that type of player more than a criticism of the player. I didn't see how he would fit into the team. 

Was I wrong?

No, you've started a thread that says why why weiman...... within the first couple of weeks of the said season.... you're alluding to why the said player is here and sounds like to me you'll never give him a chance. For me he's under-utilised.

Irrespective of what systems we play..... you're always going to be critical of the guy. 

Hence why I pulled that post up. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we could use weimann and vydra and russell.

we just need to be brave enough to give them a freer role.

for example, weimann is a right footed striker who has said he prefers to play central. So why confine him to the left wing?

Hoffenheim gave us a footballing masterclass. They showed how mobile, fluid, attacking midfield players can swarm forward looking for pockets of space. The creative central players - alas like hughes - pick them out with clever incisive short passes. Wing backs bombing on  overload the defence. It was a joy to watch.

unfortunately its not Gary's game. He seems to like to play safe, sit deep, and hit 50 yard passes into the space behind the full backs. Even then weimann's pace means that he can do a job.

Think the guy has been misused quite a lot, think the many managerial changes has affected this. Just hope he can get a run in the side for me. 

I maybe critical of certain players, but I'll always support whoever is in the shirt no matter what. It's one thing that has for me, deteriorated over last few seasons at Derby and football in general for me. Hating players etc..... proving who is better at making a standard 10 yard pass or who can run further in a match. 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I maybe critical of certain players, but I'll always support whoever is in the shirt no matter what. It's one thing that has for me, deteriorated over last few seasons at Derby and football in general for me.

Has it? Or is it just easier now to know everyone else's views? The latter I think. Even when we were winning the league with Cloughie there were 'player haters' in the crowd. Not changed really, just the method of dissemination imo.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Has it? Or is it just easier now to know everyone else's views? The latter I think. Even when we were winning the league with Cloughie there were 'player haters' in the crowd. Not changed really, just the method of dissemination imo.

Fair point 

50 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

No, you've started a thread that says why why weiman...... within the first couple of weeks of the said season.... you're alluding to why the said player is here and sounds like to me you'll never give him a chance. For me he's under-utilised.

Irrespective of what systems we play..... you're always going to be critical of the guy. 

If we find a way to use him which means both he and the team are successful I will applaud both him and his selection. Why wouldn't I? 

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which players were hated I suggest none. 

50 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

If we find a way to use him which means both he and the team are successful I will applaud both him and his selection. Why wouldn't I? 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are you old enough to have been in the crowd? I suggest not.

McGovern wasn't very well loved for a start.

He was one of our best players.   I am old enough.  McGovern was loved. I was at all the games I've been watching the Rams 57 years 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He was one of our best players.   I am old enough.  McGovern was loved. I was at all the games I've been watching the Rams 57 years 

You really must me old and deaf then. Because there was always plenty of moans and groans from the crowd over McGovern being picked and playing.

6 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

For me the negativity/ toxicity problem wouldn't be eradicated by moving Keogh on. It would solve it for him personally but the numb skulls that create this atmosphere would just move on to the next target. Would that target then be as mentally strong as Keogh? He certainly doesn't let it affect his performances. He never hides in games and usually leaves nothing out there. I'm very hopeful that defensively we'll be very solid again this year. We've addressed the soft under belly problems that saw us rocking towards the end of games by adding Big Tom as a screen to the back four and also the addition of Davies and Wisdom. IMO Keogh is integral to that back line and to move him on because of a mindless minority would only have a detrimental effect.

Agree with this 100 percent, most people I go to games with and talk to, think the world of Keogh, do not let the mindless minority win, Keogh is a very important part to our team and at 30 years old he is in his prime. And as I have said many times, Keogh is one of the best defenders in the championship.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Yeah I was on the Popside that night. What does that prove?

McGovern was not universally popular with the Derby fans. That is the point.

Perhaps you could put a video up of Keogh collecting an award or two and tell me how he's beloved by all Derby fans...

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I was on the Popside that night. What does that prove?

McGovern was not universally popular with the Derby fans. That is the point.

Perhaps you could put a video up of Keogh collecting an award or two and tell me how he's beloved by all Derby fans...

You are so sarcastic. 

18 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Lol, super internet poster, prefer to go and see matches myself, Keogh at this level is very hard if not impossible to replace, so as I have said already most fans I go to the match with, and fans I talk to who go to the matches, all agree Keogh is a top, top player and we are so glad he is here, I am not going to Grimsby as I am away on my holidays please give me a match report, because nothing beats actually going to the games.

You mean you're not at Grimsby for you hols?!

Archived