QPR2Reading0

FT

Sheff Utd1Brentford0

FT

Wolves1Middlesbrough0

FT

Aston Villa1Hull1

76 mins

Looking at todays results it shows last night wasn't worth the 'throwing toys out of prams' stuff, i'm a fence sitter as far as Rowett is concerned, for many reasons most of which have been aired. That said who would have seen and put money on some of the results above ? and they are mainly all pretty close.

So only time will tell, lets give them time to sink or swim before we start toy throwing ?

For me a couple (or 3) of 'quality' additions,1 in the midfield, 1 out wide, (1 up front ? i havent given up on the Vydra Nugent Martin trio yet) could change our demeanor very swiftly :))

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamBamThankYouMam said:

Regardless of circumstance, an opening day draw against a relegated Premier League team is a decent result.

Looks like a long season ahead for Burton, though. Really going to struggle without a striker. 

Should we loan them Martin, Blackman, Russell, Wiemann and Vydra

We won't miss them as most people on here think they are all rubbish ?

TBF they can have Blackman

6 minutes ago, RamBamThankYouMam said:

Regardless of circumstance, an opening day draw against a relegated Premier League team is a decent result. Away from home

Looks like a long season ahead for Burton, though. Really going to struggle without a striker. 

:)

3 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Should we loan them Martin, Blackman, Russell, Wiemann and Vydra

We won't miss them as most people on here think they are all rubbish ?

TBF they can have Blackman

The way prices are going he is now worth £5 million 

It's not about Fridays performance it's about 3 seasons of steady decline.... we can only sell on our quality players, which leaves us with a lot of deadwood... there are players in this team that are consistently average- we all know who they are - you can't keep carrying players and expect promotion winning performances.. how man chances should you keep giving to underperforming players ? It's time to concede there has been some bad investments 

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

We ought to judge how we play but don't look too much into it at the moment. The league will start to take shape after about 10 games.

I know what you're saying but after 10 games last season, we looked  like we were heading for relegation. God forbid that this season doesn't pan out the same. 

Archived