Derby County Podcast - Stretched out Mikkel Beck

Joel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This podcast has become a really good listen, properly hitting its stride now.

Looking forward to when you guys get into a studio together (I think I heard you were looking into that), think it'll really give the pod a new dynamic, as my only criticism of your stuff is that sometimes it can become one person getting asked a question and sort of going on a bit too long with their answer as they talk themselves down an alley which no one can really interject into.

Happened a bit with Russell this week as Chris started talking about him having a bad game and 5 minutes later he was sort of still talking about it and had gone a bit too in-depth on the matter.

This podcast has become a really good listen, properly hitting its stride now.

Looking forward to when you guys get into a studio together (I think I heard you were looking into that), think it'll really give the pod a new dynamic, as my only criticism of your stuff is that sometimes it can become one person getting asked a question and sort of going on a bit too long with their answer as they talk themselves down an alley which no one can really interject into.

Happened a bit with Russell this week as Chris started talking about him having a bad game and 5 minutes later he was sort of still talking about it and had gone a bit too in-depth on the matter.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm very aware that it can sound a bit like a Q&A. Obviously I want there to be discussion and it's kind of difficult to do without us all being in the same room.

The main issue is around cost in all honesty. Studio costs are quite high and given that we've only just started advertising on the website, I think it'll be a while longer before we can consider that unfortunately. There's also the issue of travel as well. Living in Leicester and travelling over to Derby every week to then come back and edit and you're looking at the majority of my Sunday going. It's a shame but for the time being, it's probably the only way we can do it unless any of you have suggestions?!

Thanks both. Unfortunately, there won't be a specific post-Boro podcast or any for midweek games this season. We're sticking to recording and releasing on Sunday's only.

I'm sure you can understand that I have a job to do as well and sorting out a running order, making sure people are available, recording a podcast and then editing takes up a good amount of time and believe it or not there are other things that I want to do in the week (like read Alan Nixon rumours)!

It's good that you're keen to listen and it's appreciated but it's just once a week this season.

Archived