Derby County Podcast Number Four - Darryl Powell Superstar

Joel

https://soundcloud.com/derbycountypodcast/podcast-4-darryl-powell-superstar

Podcast 4 - Darryl Powell Superstar is now live.

This week the pod looks back on the matches against Bournemouth and Millwall and also reflects on an incredible 12 months under Steve McClaren. From the initial reaction to the sacking of Clough to the highs of a season to remember from McClaren's men.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joel - I just gave this a listen, assuming that it would probably be really poor ... but it's really very good and extremely professional ... especially with some of you bringing stats to the table, such as the penalties missed, to give us some perspective. So anyway, thumbs up from me, I thought it was excellent, and I am going to start making a habit of listening to this on my way to work.

My feedback would be: stay off topics non Derby related; i would also limit the discussions of the past (except for the great Clough and Mackay teams of course!) ... perhaps Match Reviews, Player Reviews, U21 and Reserve updates, so that regular segments (whatever you choose) are at consistent points during the podcast - that would be nice.

Nice work.

Joel - I just gave this a listen, assuming that it would probably be really poor ... but it's really very good and extremely professional ... especially with some of you bringing stats to the table, such as the penalties missed, to give us some perspective. So anyway, thumbs up from me, I thought it was excellent, and I am going to start making a habit of listening to this on my way to work.

My feedback would be: stay off topics non Derby related; i would also limit the discussions of the past (except for the great Clough and Mackay teams of course!) ... perhaps Match Reviews, Player Reviews, U21 and Reserve updates, so that regular segments (whatever you choose) are at consistent points during the podcast - that would be nice.

Nice work.

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated.

I think a few are going in with the perception that it's going to be poor, which is a shame because I think we've done a decent job of it up until now.

We've had a week off due to the International fixtures being played and Derby not having a game and are going to make a few tweaks for the forthcoming pod.

Match reviews and previews will stay as that's essentially our weekly content. We'll be looking to do more features as we did with the Steve McClaren one last time round for example standing / singing in the South Stand and we're really open to suggestions from people that listen who want certain topics discussing.

So again, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers.

Really enjoyed it. A lot better than Sportscene phone in due to no doddery old farts talking b0ll0cks.

Features wise, maybe a look back at previous seasons or classic games & a Where Are They Now on old players.

As for a name change, how about Steve Bloomer's Liatening???

doesn't work for me mate

How do you mean? The link? Or through iTunes or???

Really enjoyed it. A lot better than Sportscene phone in due to no doddery old farts talking b0ll0cks.

Features wise, maybe a look back at previous seasons or classic games & a Where Are They Now on old players.

As for a name change, how about Steve Bloomer's Liatening???

Thanks mate.

Yeah the previous seasons is an idea I've had for a feature, along with a couple more.

I'm glad you enjoyed listening.

The next one should be out on Monday evening hopefully.

In terms of a name change, we've just this week decided to settle on the Derby County Podcast!

Having it on iTunes has given the whole pod a massive boost in terms of listeners so hopefully that continues. It's good that the words getting around now that it's actually alright. Thanks for your feedback.

Archived