Can Timi Elsnik be the next one to break through

Curtains

Elsnik looked very good when he came on against Liverpool. He won us the penalty shoot out also (I can't remember who against)...he should have had more game time now.

Callum Ball, Elsnik and Rawson are just three youngsters who should have had game time for Derby in the league by now, if we were in the prem then I'd understand why they hadnt, but after spending 42 million and gone backwards I would be tempted to give the youngsters a go.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Elsnik looked very good when he came on against Liverpool. He won us the penalty shoot out also (I can't remember who against)...he should have had more game time now.

Callum Ball, Elsnik and Rawson are just three youngsters who should have had game time for Derby in the league by now, if we were in the prem then I'd understand why they hadnt, but after spending 42 million and gone backwards I would be tempted to give the youngsters a go.

I'm assuming you meant Guy? Not the bloke who lived off a wonder strike against West Ham then struggled to break Scotland and is now playing at a level where I may even get 10 minutes. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

A massive prospect imo from what I've seen of him, technically very good and intelligent as well to boot- everything you like to see in a youth prospect that could make the step up.

Not sure if he's ready for anything more than being in the 18, but with Bryson playing so poorly I would be tempted to give him a go Saturday, he can't do any worse than brysons last few appearances

My hope is that Bryson just needs a few games in a row to get up to speed and perhaps having two technically good footballers beside him on saturday will facilitate that. 

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm assuming you meant Guy? Not the bloke who lived off a wonder strike against West Ham then struggled to break Scotland and is now playing at a level where I may even get 10 minutes. 

Yeah @MackworthRamIsGod meant to put Guy instead Ball. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I still wonder how he made 20 odd apperance for us, they were pretty dark times, makes what happend in the past few weeks look like nothing.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Too be honest I'm surprised Ball has dropped as far as he has. I thought he looked reasonable as a youngster and whilst I never thought he'd make it here I thought he'd be able to find a place in somewhere like league 2.

Well if we're not going to do any shopping this window (having lost an hour of my life catching up on the Lansbury thread) then why doesn't Mac use the opportunity to bring one or two of the more promising youth through?

we might look back on this moment as one where we turned a corner and started rediscovering a young, energetic, ball playing team that didn't cost Mel all of his ill-gottens!

As someone who regularly watches the youth team. I've been impressed by Elsnik and rate him as one who could step up. He seems to be a lot stronger and more capable than those against him. He has the potential to be as strong as Johnson and run just as much as Bryson.

Recently there was a spell where he was neither included in neither the first team or the u23s towards the end of Pearson's premiership.

I obviously don't see what Steve see's on a day to day basis, but he's someone I'd like to be seen given game time or a chance. 

Archived