Remembering Rams fans

ilkleyram

Apologies, but I meant to raise this a while ago and sorry to raise an old topic again

At the Wigan match before kick off I thought I saw on the LED boards around the perimeter, messages and names of Rams fans who have died in the last year.  Did anyone else see that or was I mistaken?

I think that it is a good that the club recognise fans that have died and better that it is done altogether rather than individually but I can't see any other reference to it anywhere so just wondered if anyone knew anything

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Apologies, but I meant to raise this a while ago and sorry to raise an old topic again

At the Wigan match before kick off I thought I saw on the LED boards around the perimeter, messages and names of Rams fans who have died in the last year.  Did anyone else see that or was I mistaken?

I think that it is a good that the club recognise fans that have died and better that it is done altogether rather than individually but I can't see any other reference to it anywhere so just wondered if anyone knew anything

From the OS:

Rams Remember introduced for the 2016/17 season.

Rams Remember has been launched by Derby County to give fans the chance to remember and celebrate the lives of friends, family and fellow supporters who have sadly passed away over the past couple of years. 

The service, which is new for the 2016/17 season, will occur twice over the course of the campaign. 

During the 2016/17 season the selected games are: 

Derby County Vs Wigan Athletic - Saturday 31st December 2016

(Deadline for fans to submit loved ones’ names: 20th December 2016)

Derby County Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Saturday 29th April 2017 

(Deadline for fans to submit loved ones’ names: 23rd April 2017)

At each of the above games, the names of loved ones who have sadly passed away will appear on the big screen and LED pitchside boards inside the stadium before kick-off.

Fans can submit the names of family, friends and fellow supporters who have passed away recently using a newly-created online form: http://www.wearederby.com/rams-remember.

Speaking from the heart I was hugely disappointed. 

Thought there would be more of a tribute then having 3 names put on 1/4 of the screen in a slide show then interrupted by adverts. 

Obviously it's very personal to me but I got the impression it would be more of a tribute then what it was. After all the time effort, love and money people put into the club is huge! 

It's a nice gesture but could of been done much better imo. :( sorry to put a downer on this great day but it did upset me.

Archived