Beitar Jerusalem Documentary

wingfieldram

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

Cant quite understand why both players agreed to go there.

Don't think they were given an awful lot of choice in the matter (not explicitly stated, but i don't imagine a refusal costing their club owner a substantial amount and whatever other deals were being done at the same time would have gone down well..."economic ties...economic ties...)

Some genuinely terrifying echoes of history as well....forever pure doesn't seem like a good slogan, you know...... 

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Don't think they were given an awful lot of choice in the matter (not explicitly stated, but i don't imagine a refusal costing their club owner a substantial amount and whatever other deals were being done at the same time would have gone down well..."economic ties...economic ties...)

Some genuinely terrifying echoes of history as well....forever pure doesn't seem like a good slogan, you know...... 

The world is mental. The very group of people you'd want to stand up and fight racism with all their might seem to have embraced the hatred for others that led to genocide...........the millions who perished in the 1930's and 40's may well have died in vain.

Will we ever learn?

5 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Haven't watched it yet but read the description.

Not signing Arab players seems no different or worse than some Arab countries refusing to compete against Israelis in sport.

Although stacking up wrongs vs wrongs never gets the world anywhere, and at least this was sports and not war (which is very real between Israel and her neighbours) 

7 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

Haven't watched it yet but read the description.

Not signing Arab players seems no different or worse than some Arab countries refusing to compete against Israelis in sport.

I did wonder whether the BBC would bother producing a documentary on the fallout if Al-Hilal signed a couple of Jewish lads. Who am I kidding, the Saudis don't even let Jews into the country.

Archived