Beer Thread

Cisse

​With the Euro being at rock bottom prices, you can get 24 bottles delivered now directly from Belgium for under £60 including postage.

Kurt at Belgium In A Box is a really nice guy - if anything ever goes wrong he replaces it, no questions asked.

I'm currently working my way through 24 Gulden Draak and 24 Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel - total cost £110. You also get a discount voucher with every case - I cash them all in when I place my Christmas order which allows me to treat myself to something really special.

​Yep, you've recommended him a few times and one day I promise I will make an order.

I have just paid (not including travel/hotel costs) something like 70-80 euros for 56 bottles (I haven't tried to work it out properly) so I'm satiated (or just sated?) for the time being.

âI was going to head over to Belgium in May for a holiday (and to bring back as much beer as I could fit in my car) - but we've decided to go to Dublin/Malahide for the cricket instead. The thing that astounded me when we went to Brugge last year was the fact that I could pick up Westmalle Tripel for about 1 Euro 20 cents in the supermarket.

Fourpure IPA, 6.5

It's a hoppy IPA but given I've been on the belgians for the last 5 days I'm really feeling the one dimensional hop overload aspect and not particularly enjoying it. If I drank it in a few months I may have a different opinion, or I may just decide it's not the most interesting version of an english brewed american style IPA