Beer Thread

Cisse

Right......i went into sainsburys today......thought i have a look for all these obscure belgian beers they go about.......didn't recognise owt and gave up.

Which ones have they got again?

Right......i went into sainsburys today......thought i have a look for all these obscure belgian beers they go about.......didn't recognise owt and gave up.

well,

They have bisto, some oxo cubes, and the ready made stuff for plebs.

You looked for something obscure in Sainsburys? Errm, OK.

You're basically stuck with Duvel and Leffe (Blonde/Bruin) for Supermarket Belgians (although I've not been in a Waitrose) - not that there's anything wrong with either. M&S have one or two brewed for them, though from a very hit or miss brewery (but as it happens I like the 'Winter Beer')

I had a bottle last year (or perhaps in 2012), and it was less than great - hoppy yet over-sweet. I'm certainly not going to let past experience put me off though.

I had a bottle last year (or perhaps in 2012), and it was less than great - hoppy yet over-sweet. I'm certainly not going to let past experience put me off though.

I'd never actually had the hardcore until the one I drank just then when I posted that. To be honest I can see how it would be offputting, it's not really got a massive depth of flavour and is extremely bitter... no head and not a great deal of carbonation, possibly a bit too much alcohol in the taste.

It took 2/3 of the bottle for me to start appreciating it.

After 2/3 of a bottle in 30 minutes? Not a chance.

Since then I've tried another 'craft lager' due to it being by Fullers (called Frontier, 4.5%). It's obviously better than your generic lager but still not that exciting, drinkable but would still choose anything not labelled as lager instead!

Also another Tesco Finest (by Marstons/Wychwood, 4.8%) 'Dark' IPA (not quite a black IPA).Citra and Chinook are the named hops but there's another 4. I'm generally against Marstons but it is pretty good, malt character is stronger than hop character in this one.

Next up is the final Finest branded offering from Banks's, a Red Ale (4.2%, Waimea and Pacific Gem hops named).

After that I might admit to being tipsy.

No beer today yet, but I'm going to be as boring tonight as I was last night.

Gulden Draak followed by St Bernardus Abt 12.

Half a case of each left - time to re-order something. Perhaps a case of Straffe Hendrik Tripel and one of the Quadrupel. Change from £135 - what's not to like?

No beer today yet, but I'm going to be as boring tonight as I was last night.

Gulden Draak followed by St Bernardus Abt 12.

Half a case of each left - time to re-order something. Perhaps a case of Straffe Hendrik Tripel and one of the Quadrupel. Change from £135 - what's not to like?

i know what you ought to do Eddie, get some bloody work done!

Like what I do.

i know what you ought to do Eddie, get some bloody work done!

Like what I do.

Three favourite letters….

W

F

H

That and 

F

T

P