Kick up the Behind

Dale The Ram

I think this start to the season has been the worse I've seen as a Ram, maybe emphasised with the great expectation we have as fans on our team.

But we definitely need a kick to ignite this season, for me this can be done in 2 scenarios;

Play a 433 with players in their preferred position to return confidence

Play more youth and the new signings where the players aren't performing to give a new lust of life to the starting 11

Its a shame looking at our talented squad and seeing them become a disjointed, disinterested mess which will happily be turned over by every hard working team in the championship. Lets return some pride and passion in the way we play and start getting points on the board.

If things don't change soon then we will need an even bigger clear out (manager and players included) as the whole aura of Derby County has turned stale over recent times.

Come on Pearson and co... Sort it out

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

I think this start to the season has been the worse I've seen as a Ram, maybe emphasised with the great expectation we have as fans on our team.

But we definitely need a kick to ignite this season, for me this can be done in 2 scenarios;

Play a 433 with players in their preferred position to return confidence

Play more youth and the new signings where the players aren't performing to give a new lust of life to the starting 11

Its a shame looking at our talented squad and seeing them become a disjointed, disinterested mess which will happily be turned over by every hard working team in the championship. Lets return some pride and passion in the way we play and start getting points on the board.

If things don't change soon then we will need an even bigger clear out (manager and players included) as the whole aura of Derby County has turned stale over recent times.

Come on Pearson and co... Sort it out

You cant have seen many as this season we have started better than last. :)

we have one major flaw in this team at the moment, and it's the new inability to know when/how to play a simple pass.

Wilson came on the other night, and none of his touches came from being passed to. 

There were numerous times players carried on dribbling (Ince, Hughes, Russell, Christie mainly) where instead of playing the correct pass, they carried on trying to dribble and lost possession.

Until we change the mentality, and revert back to simple passing, everything else is pointless.

19 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Jesus wept. It's all on Mel. Not the bloke who's been here 5 games. 

I guess you're right in a way. Mel shouldn't have placated the hordes of fans calling for an 'experienced manager' by appointing somebody who doesn't really fit and will need time to remodel the team in his image. 

He certainly should have risen above the Neanderthals claiming that "he doesn't want promotion" and stuck to his beliefs.

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You cant have seen many as this season we have started better than last. :)

Ive seen all of them mate, and last season.

I put it down to bad luck at the start of last season, the deflected goals such as Birmingham and the lucky Middlesborough goal stopped us from a few wins and good points

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The worst start you have seen to a season....wow, thank your lucky stars if this is as bad as it gets for you.!

I'm young tbf but I think with the amount of money spent and the investments into the club we seem to be going backwards on the pitch... or even being overtaken, I cant tell

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Ive seen all of them mate, and last season.

I put it down to bad luck at the start of last season, the deflected goals such as Birmingham and the lucky Middlesborough goal stopped us from a few wins and good points

Yeah i am with you to a degree, but both are poort starts, we have had bad starts including the play off final season, and the season billy took us up. Its too early to judge this season yet by a very long way.

Archived