Rams Remember

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-launches-rams-remember-service-3213880.aspx#bTxD1pRWZShLOT5j.99

Derby give fans the chance to celebrate the lives of friends, family and fellow supporters who have sadly passed away over the past couple of years.

Rams Remember has been launched by Derby County to give fans the chance to remember and celebrate the lives of friends, family and fellow supporters who have sadly passed away over the past couple of years. 

The service, which is new for the 2016/17 season, will occur twice over the course of the campaign. 

During the 2016/17 season the selected games are: 

Derby County Vs Wigan Athletic - Saturday 31st December 2016

(Deadline for fans to submit loved ones’ names: 20th December 2016)

Derby County Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Saturday 29th April 2017 

(Deadline for fans to submit loved ones’ names: 23rd April 2017)

At each of the above games, the names of loved ones who have sadly passed away will appear on the big screen and LED pitchside boards inside the stadium before kick-off.

Fans can submit the names of family, friends and fellow supporters who have passed away recently using a newly-created online form: http://www.wearederby.com/rams-remember.

This makes so much more sense to me than a minute's applause - which might only be known to a few, while the rest of the ground doesn't understand why they're clapping on minute 37.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes just saw this, great idea. I find the minutes applause quite funny (in a respectful kind of way) as you see everyone start clapping as the whistle goes and then see hundreds of people whispering into the ear of the person next to them to ask what they are clapping for!

Good idea, last season there seemed to be far too many 'on a certain minute's applause' going on. I and I am sure a lot of people had no idea of the minute it was happening or the reason.

Think this is a far better idea.

Archived