James Chester - Signed for Villa

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why would spending 9 million quid plus add ons on a centre half be bad business if ultimately we were promoted as a direct result of this 

Correct.

The end justifies the means.

Hundreds of millions await, so spending a few million quid now is chicken feed by comparison.

Anyway, he's gone to Vanilla now, so it's dead me duck.

UTR.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

He told you that, did he? Nah, didn't think so.

There's some crazy notion (from only Robbie) that Keogh is one of the most arrogant people in football and it's literally come out of nowhere... maybe in the last month or so?

Mind boggling. 

I'm surprised he's not on everyone's ignore list already. Some people enjoy torture :lol:

32 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Agreed so why is the opinion that 9 million quid is an overly inflated transfer fee for a player whom could get us promoted people need to start looking at the bigger picture 

Yes they certainly do.

Exactly the same can be said of any other marquee signing we may consider making.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's some crazy notion (from only Robbie) that Keogh is one of the most arrogant people in football and it's literally come out of nowhere... maybe in the last month or so?

Mind boggling. 

I'm surprised he's not on everyone's ignore list already. Some people enjoy torture :lol:

Keogh obviously kicked over @Robbie Ram's jar of tadpoles.

15 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

We have the wrong one.

Chester is a proper cultured centre back of PL class, whilst Keogh just thinks he is.

Sadly.

If Keogh thought he was a premier league player he would not have signed a new 3 year deal, he would have let his contract run out and signed for whoever he liked in a years time.

Even if he did think he was good enough for the prem, what is wrong with that? Wouldn't you want someone who thought they would be able to play there than someone who didn't think they were good enough?

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Mind boggling. 

'Scuse me, but I'm not by any means the only one on here who holds this opinion.

I still believe that Derby could well end up signing at least one new centre half during the course of this season.

As for his sometimes pompous attitude, several ITK posters have commented on this already.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Mind boggling. 

Ignore list!!! How's that work?

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Ignore list!!! How's that work?

Open the drop down menu next to your name at the top right and go to Ignored Users. Then type in their names to add them to the list and select what content you want to ignore (Hint: all of it). 

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

If Keogh thought he was a premier league player he would not have signed a new 3 year deal, he would have let his contract run out and signed for whoever he liked in a years time.

Even if he did think he was good enough for the prem, what is wrong with that? Wouldn't you want someone who thought they would be able to play there than someone who didn't think they were good enough?

No, I'd want someone who actually has the ability to player there, or at least the clear potential.

In his heart, I'm sure he knows his real limitations.

Self belief can only take a player, or a manager come to that so far in the game.

I don't recall any PL club ever having made a serious bid for him.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Open the drop down menu next to your name at the top right and go to Ignored Users. Then type in their names to add them to the list and select what content you want to ignore (Hint: all of it). 

Thanks bud.  Now where to start....

8 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

No, I'd want someone who actually has the ability to player there, or at least the clear potential.

In his heart, I'm sure he knows his real limitations.

Self belief can only take a player, or a manager come to that so far in the game.

I don't recall any PL club ever having made a serious bid for him.

Burnley when they wanted Bryson?

What about my other point about the new contract?

How do you know he isn't good enough? There is absolutely no way it can be said one way or the other until he has played in the prem. You have harper on about West Morgan a bit, so let's use him as an example, there is no way he was good enough for the Championship when he was at forest, never mind to captain a Leicester flocking city to the title. Until a player gets there it is a complete schrodingers cat theory.

Archived