I've bought an Android phone and I like it

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

need photographic evidence!

I recently smashed the screen on my android and couldn't access it. Then looked in the box and there was a lead, with a usb port on one end, I plugged a mouse into that, then a cursor popped up on the screen, meaning I could unlock it, and then transfer everything (backup) before the replacement phone arrived. Awesome.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

which make and model?

Honestly, phone looks amazing, options and settings are great but can be complicated and it just doesn't feel as smooth as iOS. A tad too sensitive as well.

Chrome is awful as ever, the system fonts look terrible and just looks a little child like. Auto correction is woeful and I thought Apple had that wrong.

Have a few things coming up on the forum, needed a Android device to run tests on and see if I can recreate the popup viruses which I haven't yet. 

If Samsung did the hardware and design, Apple did the software but allowed Google to have a say on settings you would have a awesome phone.

The VR unit that came free is just weird, only on 10 minutes and kicked the dog, missus screaming stay away from the TV. Kind of freaks you out.

20160625_174822.jpg

1 minute ago, David said:

Apple > Android by the way.

you have to put your iPhone away for a couple of weeks and use only the android, to make a fair judgement, But simply, they are half and half. Apps on the android are nowhere near as good, particularly betting apps. Whereas sound and picture quality on the iphone are really poor by comparison to my sony xperia. I also prefer the widget system on android where you don't have to open an app to access the information.

In Chrome is there a shortcut to access bookmarks? Clicking the 3 dots then bookmarks then tapping what you want feels really long.

Only one more click than Safari but you really do notice it

3 minutes ago, David said:

In Chrome is there a shortcut to access bookmarks? Clicking the 3 dots then bookmarks then tapping what you want feels really long.

Is that the only issue you have with chrome? 

8 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Is that the only issue you have with chrome? 

No, it renders Web pages really jumpy and there's no way to quickly go back to the top of the page but to be fair that's a system issue

1 hour ago, David said:

slightly to the left of those 3 dots, you have tabs, a number, hit that number, then a + will appear, you can leave your tabs open.

I have the s7 edge best thing about it is the battery is incredible take it off at 7 before work and still over 40% by bed time, first phone on years that isn't almost dead by the end of work! Smashed the corner of the screen though sadly. Don't bother with anti virus unless you're installing apk files from the internet

Much better than iPhones. Much, much better.

I recently upgraded my HTC 9 to the HTC 10 but seriously thought about the new Samsung.

Over the moon with it.

Until yesterday.

Now that the HTC10 landed in the bucket of boiling hot water I was carrying to the bath (hot water service died last Sunday and four attempts to fix it have worked for about an hour in total).

Dead phone.

Second degree burns on hand from rescuing it.

The Samsung waterproof feature looks really valuable in hindsight. I'm not sure if it would have worked with boiling hot water though.

Love android as it's so customizable. For browsers I flit between Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Though Chomecast is amazing so has sucked me in somewhat, but Firefox is superior. Didn't think anyone really bothered with bookmarks anymore. In Firefox the start page opens your most visited. In both browsers it's 2 clicks to reach bookmarks if you want to use them...

Archived