Wonder when Pearson agreed to join?

JG400

56 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You sound like her kind of client.

I might already have been with her. I'm a leper and I told her to keep the tip......

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davenportram said:

on the contract extension thing is interesting, Johnson 4 years £6m signing so that's £1.5m per year. So currently got £4.5m left. Extend his contract by 2years then instead of £4.5. Over three years its £4.5 over 5 years. It would free up 600k a year amortisation, or a £ 2.4m signing on a 4 year contract.

so contract extensions might not indicate the manager really appreciated a player. Just that it could free up funds for transfers.

You sound like a genius on his day off, davenportram

I feel totally amortiised that I did not know how easy to understand this Fair Play is. :ph34r:

Anyone who was not convinced about the quality of posts on here, should now be convinced.

I am going to renegotiate my posting contract with David right now. :thumbsup:

Until today, I thought that a mortice was a joint in wood. i just had time to dovetail that joke in there. Ten out of tenon for that one.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You sound like a genius on his day off, davenportram

I feel totally amortiised that I did not know how easy to understand this Fair Play is. :ph34r:

Anyone who was not convinced about the quality of posts on here, should now be convinced.

I am going to renegotiate my posting contract with David right now. :thumbsup:

Until today, I thought that a mortice was a joint in wood. i just had time to dovetail that joke in there. Ten out of tenon for that one.

I could be completely wrong, I await confirmation that I am correct from those cleverer than I.

I was thinking, Pearson probably agreed to join after we'd interviewed him the other week.

Why?

I think Mel has a policy of full support for the incumbent.

I think he did with Clement, then with Wassall (to the extent of spending a million quid alledgedly on getting 'arry in to mentor him.

SO, plan A was probably sincerely hoped Wassall would succeed enough to get a full season, but that play off first leg (IMO) lost him the job.

Then, OK, he's not done enough - draw up candidates and recruit the best we can.

I think it's clearly Mel's policy that whoever is manager/head coach gets full support, whatever they need, we try to get them. There will be no sounding out replacements or conspiring behind the scenes. 

Ethical, shows the intended integrity that Mel wants in the club. You might miss the odd one doing that "could have got better if we'd gone at that moment" but on the other hand, if you take the Derby job you get backing. There are however expectations that go with it which are more than just points return vs budget. 

Seems an unusual course in the game, to some will seem unwise, but I think it's to be admired. 

Just now, Rammeister said:

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

There are some very clever people on here, for sure.

I really meant you in particular.

Rammeister... What a guy!

Why is my nose growing? :D

Archived