Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We would want more for Hendrick surely? Lookman would be one for the future, not what we need now. With CP's connections Nahki is the striker signing I want to see plus a prem holding midfielder on loan maybe.

Ruben loftus cheek is a very good holding midfielder for Chelsea.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll drive Russell their, 3 million is massive money for him I'd sell him for what we paid for him, fed up of him running into defenders getting the ball in our half and just stopping, he has 4/5 good games a season and everyone loves him again, it's time he goes and we get someone else in, plus weimann will kick him out the team when he's back 

41 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

:p Not a fan then mate?

No mate. Not one bit. 

Think hes had about 10 good games since he got here. Think he turned up in April last season. Openly admitted he was poor and then is awful.again.

No end product. Cant cross. Burton was the final straw for me. He was pathetic..

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We would want more for Hendrick surely? Lookman would be one for the future, not what we need now. With CP's connections Nahki is the striker signing I want to see plus a prem holding midfielder on loan maybe.

I personally think we need a bit more of a stronger/powerful centre forward up top with Vydra. Assombalonga/Afobe for example. 

Just think Wells is a bit similar. 

Only an opinion though. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing at all mate. 

Any strikers at all?

The club are seemingly very tight lipped now which all round really is better, even if it means less gossip on the forum to create puns about. The one initially leaking the news must have left the club because suddenly it's gone quiet.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I personally think we need a bit more of a stronger/powerful centre forward up top with Vydra. Assombalonga/Afobe for example. 

Only an opinion though. 

The correct opinion, though. Makes total sense.

Mack, if we miss out on Kodjia (and sell Martin as seems to be the case), do you think we'll still go in for another striker?

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Only an opinion though. 

Agreed. I would have rather had Wells than Vydra and then the powerful forward you speak of....

54 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Hull also want Jeff for 7m.

Bristol City want Russell for 3m and Pearson wants McNamaman and Lookman (Charlton) as possible replacements.. 

I'll go to church today to light one candle if all this happens or at least just one part of it.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

The correct opinion, though. Makes total sense.

Mack, if we miss out on Kodjia (and sell Martin as seems to be the case), do you think we'll still go in for another striker?

I would guess so mate yeah.

Think if we are bidding that amount of money for Kodjia then NP is clearly wanting another striker in. 

I dont think he likes Martin at all. Bent started the season. But was completely ineffective so he had no choice but to stick Martin in.

I am 110% certain Kodjia will not be the only target. But I dont know who they are. 

Assombalonga or Afobe would be ideal and for the money we are willing to spend on Kodjia we could get either of them in my opinion.

Also worth noting that Assombalonga and Afobe are both only 23 so could potentially represent better value for money. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Think if we are bidding that amount of money for Kodjia then NP is clearly wanting another striker in. 

I dont think he likes Martin at all. Bent started the season. But was completely ineffective so he had no choice but to stick Martin in.

I am 110% certain Kodjia will not be the only target. But I dont know who they are. 

Assombalonga or Afobe would be ideal and for the money we are willing to spend on Kodjia we could get either of them in my opinion.

Also worth noting that Assombalonga and Afobe are both only 23 so could potentially represent better value for money. 

Not sure I'd like Martin much if he played/sulked like he did against Burton, and numerous times before. Best years are behind him, for me. 

Assombalonga, for me, is obviously the best option. His attributes would suit Vydra perfectly, but surely there's no chance of that happening!

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Any strikers at all?

The club are seemingly very tight lipped now which all round really is better, even if it means less gossip on the forum to create puns about. The one initially leaking the news must have left the club because suddenly it's gone quiet.

Honestly buddy. Nothing at all. 

The club is so tight lipped and nothing is coming out. 

I knew nothing about any interest in Vydra till late on and then heard it was all done in the morning.

The Kodjia interest has obviously been there all summer but the bid yesterday came out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Don't think bent has been totally ineffective. He created more opportunities on Friday night in 20 mins than martin created in 70. 

Archived