Running

Day

Seems to be very in at the moment, I don't get it, what possible enjoyment could you get from pounding the streets wearing lycra? 

It's not like it gives you a decent body either, watch the London Marathon and it's hundreds of people that need a sausage in their lives.

Runners also have the cheek to ask for money for charity. Now don't get me wrong, supporting a charity is great but if it's for something you enjoy doing already?

That's like me playing on the PlayStation for charity.

A fiver for each staple you're willing to stick in your scrotum show me where I can donate, jump out of a plane wearing nothing but a tutu when you're scared of heights and skirts I'll stick my hand in my pocket.

Runners are weird.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Seems to be very in at the moment, I don't get it, what possible enjoyment could you get from pounding the streets wearing lycra? 

It's not like it gives you a decent body either, watch the London Marathon and it's hundreds of people that need a sausage in their lives.

Runners also have the cheek to ask for money for charity. Now don't get me wrong, supporting a charity is great but if it's for something you enjoy doing already?

A fiver for each staple you're willing to stick in your scrotum show me where I can donate, jump out of a plane wearing nothing but a tutu when you're scared of heights and skirts I'll stick my hand in my pocket.

Runners are weird.

I guess it's better than being accosted by a Chugger or aggressive beggar in the street 

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

More and longer you run, better it feels.

After 15 km you can achieve such an tranquility that you won't believe! Of course you have to be fit enough not to suffer at that point...

You know where else you can achieve the tranquility?....in bed, eyes closed after downing a few pints. Bliss.

You don't get a sweaty crotch from it either.

5 minutes ago, David said:

You know where else you can achieve the tranquility?....in bed, eyes closed after downing a few pints. Bliss.

You don't get a sweaty crotch from it either.

Lying in bed after few pints, long jog and someone taking care of your sweaty crotch is even deeper tranquility. You should try it.

Completed 11 miles on Friday, was sheer bliss, clears my head and gather my thoughts....

Once you get into a rthyum its amazing to do...

2 GNRS, Robin Hood Half, Couple of Ramathons and loads of Derby 10Ks.... Raised 4 figures for charity...

Absolutely love it....beats sitting on my backside complaining about the world 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Completed 11 miles on Friday, was sheer bliss, clears my head and gather my thoughts....

Once you get into a rthyum its amazing to do...

2 GNRS, Robin Hood Half, Couple of Ramathons and loads of Derby 10Ks.... Raised 4 figures for charity...

Absolutely love it....beats sitting on my backside complaining about the world 

I'm laid in bed actually :whistle:

Don't do it anymore due to wear and tear of the old knees, but running the country lanes on a frosty morning was close to perfection. I used to run some hilly routes with great views, the feelgood factor was immense.

Some chemical reaction happens after a few miles and the body goes into cruise control. Its like taking a blackboard rubber to your brain and erasing all your worries, wiping the slate clean......and I never wore lycra, just a pair of footie shorts and an old Rams top.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Don't do it anymore due to wear and tear of the old knees, but running the country lanes on a frosty morning was close to perfection. I used to run some hilly routes with great views, the feelgood factor was immense.

Some chemical reaction happens after a few miles and the body goes into cruise control. Its like taking a blackboard rubber to your brain and erasing all your worries, wiping the slate clean......and I never wore lycra, just a pair of footie shorts and an old Rams top.

I think you'd look good in Lycra, reminds me of the trial I had at the butchers making sausages.

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Running is bloody awful, still turn out and do it 3 or 4 times a week.

Feel awful during, great afterwards.

How long have you've been doing it? Should get easier all the time. (If you don't run intervals all the time!)

13 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

How long have you've been doing it? Should get easier all the time. (If you don't run intervals all the time!)

A little over three months, its been getting better but wouldnt say I enjoy it.

Somehow im 14 weeks into a 9 week program :D

19 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

A little over three months, its been getting better but wouldnt say I enjoy it.

Somehow im 14 weeks into a 9 week program :D

3 months is about when it should get easier. Good to have program (even better if you would stick to it :p), once in a week interval feels ****, but that's the one that makes all the other running easier.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

3 months is about when it should get easier. Good to have program (even better if you would stick to it :p), once in a week interval feels ****, but that's the one that makes all the other running easier.

I blame illness, or work, or hangover! Any excuse! 

2 hours ago, David said:

Runners are weird.

I had to stop because I strained my testicles, no kidding running in boxer shorts has left me in pain. :D

Archived