Plan B

jono

I reckon plan B should be a version of the 4231 Cloughie played. A new mobile holding midfield player, and we've got the personnel for it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see us play with 2 in a few games to just try a new system, especially away from home.

The pressing game with an extra midfield player who is only good in the opposing half is a system which just doesnt work away from home often enough.

Theres a reason Derby are not very good away from home since Wassall came in and changed PCs defensivly sound system.

1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

They've got one point from their last three games and just got knocked out of the Champions League by a well-organised but, talent-wise, inferior, Atletico... do you not think a plan B might help them?

I think better rotation would've been much, much better option. The amount of games their keyplayers have played so far is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, eddie said:

If our plans were numbered and not lettered, then I'd suggest signing Bela Lugosi.

Apropos of nothing, an anagram of Bela Lugosi is "a glib louse" - sounds like a former manager of ours. Also "I'll use a bog" which I'm just about to

36 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think better rotation would've been much, much better option. The amount of games their keyplayers have played so far is ridiculous.

I agree rotation would help them. But Atletico's system, lots of pressing and a fast break, proved to be Barca's kryptonite. Atleti managed to mark Messi out of the game as well. If Barca had had a "plan B" based on more directness, they might have mitigated that.

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

How did Plan 9 pan out for Bela Lugosi?

Not sure it ended well for him!

I don't know either but it was plan 9 because the previous 8 had failed so there might be a hint there. I do rememeber that They had some very nice velvet curtains in the spaceship that was a cunningliy disguised a wheel trim thrown through the air like a frisbee. 

Just now, Posh Ram said:

I agree rotation would help them. But Atletico's system, lots of pressing and a fast break, proved to be Barca's kryptonite. Atleti managed to mark Messi out of the game as well. If Barca had had a "plan B" based on more directness, they might have mitigated that.

Yes, it did. But we we're talking about Plan B and Atletico doesn't have one either!

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Not a Bauhaus fan then?

Not really, although I heard them on the John Peel sessions, I think. The reference left me 'whooshed' until I looked it up.

Archived