Burnley Latest Set Of Accounts

TETRA

Interesting to note Burnley's published yearly accounts for last season in the Prem. Well over £30 Million profit made, which doesn't include the money they will receive for Danny Ings as their awaiting the result of a tribunal with regards to his transfer fee with Liverpool. So your probably talking about another £10-£12 Million there. Over £40 Million profit in just one season. Just goes to prove what can been done especially considering where they are again this season. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

When you look at their signings last summer it's not really surprising, no chance of staying up, wouldn't mind a little ambition to stay up. 

They might be in a bit better position to stay up if they manage promotion again this season though. Just shows what's possible with an excellent manager who oddly enough irritates me greatly.

I'm not expecting any more than £6 million for Ings.  We've already spent £20 million of that £30 million on stadium & training ground developments and eliminating all debts.

We should have pushed the boat out a bit more last season, given how close we came to staying up.  Hopefully if we go up this season (by no means even close to a foregone conclusion) we'll be in a position to invest much more in the playing squad and stand a better chance of staying up, though being a yo-yo club isn't the worst fate in the world.

6 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

I'm not expecting any more than £6 million for Ings.  We've already spent £20 million of that £30 million on stadium & training ground developments and eliminating all debts.

We should have pushed the boat out a bit more last season, given how close we came to staying up.  Hopefully if we go up this season (by no means even close to a foregone conclusion) we'll be in a position to invest much more in the playing squad and stand a better chance of staying up, though being a yo-yo club isn't the worst fate in the world.

You could argue that clearing debts and improving stadium/training ground is showing much more ambition than focusing on staying up in 14/15 at all costs.

Go up this time and you've only got one thing to spend money on. The team.

Prudence isn't always the same thing as a lack of ambition.

On 31/03/2016 at 21:01, JoetheRam said:

20 million on Turf Moor? Can't have cost that much to get it looking like the 60's throwback it is currently surely?

ClaretMatt said the £20m covered 3 things...stadium, training ground and eliminating debt. we've no idea of the balance between the 3.

perhaps the stadium bit was a lick of creosote to cover the planking stands :ph34r:

Can only have respect for them 

But that stadium is something that would have looked out of place in the 50s, I went there about 10 years ago so it might look better now they've done it up a bit. 

I think their going up now and good luck to them. 

My only real embarrassment about being a Burnley fan is the stadium. It is obviously old fashion. The only thing being done in/around the stadium is the creation of a brand new store/ticket office.

We are spending about 10.5 million to gain Academy 2 status at our training facilities in Gawthorpe. 

The debts, whilst "manageable" were paid off to the directors and I think there's been some money paid to those who set up the UCFB college/uni thing that has now swanned off to Etihad/Wembley/Nou Camp? (I think).

Our signings in 14/15 were poor, Juke, Sordell et al were never going to keep us up, but then, when our points tally wasn't wildly away from staying up, it probably makes sense now in hindsight. 

Archived