Treatment of fans

clough08

7 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Maybe read my post and then tell me I wanted Clement sacked. Have never booed a player, including opposition, in 50 years (apart from Norman Hunter). It's easy to blame the fans but we pay the money - everyone else at the Club gets very highly paid. We know we're not going to win every week but we have a right to expect a degree of professionalism and, as stakeholders, customers and fans, to be treated with respect. So no squealing (grow up), just  a simple request for the Club to treat us in a respectful way.

You watched Leeds and only booed Mr. Hunter?Shame on you,I booed all of them,still do.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StockholmRam said:

But no bacon was it or sausages?!! What was that about then... 

No bacon AND no sausages. If an owner can't get the basics right, what chance has he with the big decisions - like providing kedgeree or eggs benedict - or French toast, for goodness sake.

Just now, eddie said:

No bacon AND no sausages. If an owner can't get the basics right, what chance has he with the big decisions - like providing kedgeree or eggs benedict - or French toast, for goodness sake.

See to me, none of this Wassall this and Mel that is important... However, no sausages or bacon for breakfast, that's mutiny materiel. 

2 hours ago, clough08 said:

Really fed up by club's treatment of fans. The total lack of communication is direspectful and arrogant. We are the Club but get nothing these days in response to the obvious questions that everyone, including the media, is asking. Why sack Clement with no replacement? Why throw in the Youth team coach? Why spend all that money on largely inferior playes. And, most importantly, what are you going to do about it?

So presumably you want the club to hold group therapy sessions where everyone shares their feelings with the room. And the we can all have PTSD remedies and of course "compensation" .. Yawn 

the answers to the questions are all blindingly obvious to anyone with any intellect or football knowledge; or they have already been answered (apart from who might be the next manager and I suspect that is still undecided or work in progress so it's hardly likely to be on the FAQ page of the club website. )

surprising though it may seem, supporting your local team has never been easy whether it's Derby County, Manchester United or even Gresley Rovers. It's a football club not a piece of IKEA furniture with an instruction book and an Allen key.

The club treats the fans spectacularly well. They listen and moved away support into the corner to create the South Stand. Mel put his hands into his own pocket to help fund the 1884 Group. Twice members of this very forum have been invited to meet with the Chairman and others. There are regular fans forums to attend or watch online. No complaints. In fact we always seem to win Community Club of the Year.

The complaint seems to be instead questioning judgement and decisions about playing matters, but that's really nothing to do with the treatment of fans. I do think expectations have been raised because of the money spent and the utopian scenario of a local fan made good and comoing in to lead us to the promised land. Also, I agree with Alpha that the fans have treated players really badly at times over the last couple of years, although I partly think that's a social media phenomenon and I also think it's partly people from other clubs masquerading as Rams to make mischief. But if it's anyone on here, you really need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

I've been surprised and disappointed by many of the decisions, whether it's buying players, appointing or sacking managers and then the team we put out, but I am a supporter and will always back my boys. As far as I see it, the fans have been and continue to be well-treated; it's just the senior people at the club are making bad footballing decisions.

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

You watched Leeds and only booed Mr. Hunter?Shame on you,I booed all of them,still do.

OK I admit it. But apart from Leeds, and occasionally Forest and Robbie Savage .... oh and Sam Longson.

15 hours ago, clough08 said:

Really fed up by club's treatment of fans. The total lack of communication is direspectful and arrogant. We are the Club but get nothing these days in response to the obvious questions that everyone, including the media, is asking. Why sack Clement with no replacement? Why throw in the Youth team coach? Why spend all that money on largely inferior playes. And, most importantly, what are you going to do about it?

I would have thought that anyone who demands to know everything the club is doing or thinking when they weant to know it is arrogant.

What do you want them to say?

To admit that we are having to put up with the youth team coach because of FFP with the effect that would have on morale and our dealings, to admit specific current players aren't good enough and we shouldn't have signed them? Detail that we are looking to replace Wassall with someone more experienced while he carries on doing the job regardless?

Now I am not saying these are the facts, but if they were the case, why on earth would the club admit it in public?

Grow up. 

14 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Oh OK - that's fine then.

So what is thge club going to do about it?

Whatever they decide, I'm sure no one thinks they have to run it past you first. Or are you secretly the guy who's made hundreds of millions and decided to invest it in the club? We're supporters not customers and if you're a Ram you'll still back the team 100% whenever they take to the pitch, and when they leave it.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Now I am not saying these are the facts, but if they were the case, why on earth would the club admit it in public?

Grow up. 

Yep. I am grown up I can take the truth. Are you not grown up enough to cope? If it's FFP say it's FFP - then I'll understand. That would make sense. That's what grown ups do - they tell the truth then get on with it. Why hide the truth? Morale you say? You think today was good for morale? See Shackell. Most fans are grown up enough to cope with the truth - it's hiding what's really going on that is disrespectful and childish

12 hours ago, sage said:

I would have thought that anyone who demands to know everything the club is doing or thinking when they weant to know it is arrogant.

To admit that we are having to put up with the youth team coach because of FFP with the effect that would have on morale and our dealings, to admit specific current players aren't good enough and we shouldn't have signed them? Detail that we are looking to replace Wassall with someone more experienced while he carries on doing the job regardless?

Grow up. 

This

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whatever they decide, I'm sure no one thinks they have to run it past you first. Or are you secretly the guy who's made hundreds of millions and decided to invest it in the club? We're supporters not customers and if you're a Ram you'll still back the team 100% whenever they take to the pitch, and when they leave it.

Don't give me that fans cr*p. I've been a fan for 50 years - I was cheering them on at Burnley, Middlesboro, Plymouth and Carlisle etc in the seventies when I was 9 or 10. I don't need any lectures about being a fan. And yes I will still back the team. But this lot are taking the piss by making crazy decisions and failing to give any justification. Do the fans count for nothing in your eyes?

So no I don't expect them to run it past me first but when mistakes have clearly been made I expect them to be honest, tell the truth as far as possible and treat fans with respect. Like Sam Rush used to. Once.

13 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This

15 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Yep. I am grown up I can take the truth. Are you not grown up enough to cope? If it's FFP say it's FFP - then I'll understand. That would make sense. That's what grown ups do - they tell the truth then get on with it. Why hide the truth? Morale you say? You think today was good for morale? See Shackell. Most fans are grown up enough to cope with the truth - it's hiding what's really going on that is disrespectful and childish

This

Archived