Would FFP embargo be good for Derby?

Palimpsest

<p> This question may have been asked before, but I&#39;m sitting here thinking wouldn&#39;t it be good if Mel was prevented from wasting more of his dirty money on building an even more bloated, unbalanced, disharmonious squad? </p> <p> We clearly need to trim the squad in summer - we have the quality of players in place and it feels like losing like 7 or 8 of the deadwood with no more ins could get us back on track in the new season. With an &#39;angrier&#39; manager in place, a tight, together, motivated 22 man squad, and Mel&#39;s hands tied by embargo, I&#39;d be quietly optimistic for the new season. Otherwise, I just don&#39;t think Mel will able to control himself again in pre season. </p>

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today i just want to see the players in the team that will put the effort in. Some of them are just to happy to stand around.

I like carson in goal. Ollson looked good but hopefully Lowe will come through next season. Shackell and Keogh are doing well but hope Rawson is good enough to come through next season. Christie uses a lot of energy but just does not have the quality. 

Johnson and Ince are the problem players at the moment, the manager needs to find their best positions and fast or leave them out.

Strange not to play blackman or bent today instead of russell up front and also not to have camara in the squad when playing 442.

FFP embargo would at least give the academy players more chance to play, maybe that is Mels plan.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

<p> This question may have been asked before, but I&#39;m sitting here thinking wouldn&#39;t it be good if Mel was prevented from wasting more of his dirty money on building an even more bloated, unbalanced, disharmonious squad? </p> <p> We clearly need to trim the squad in summer - we have the quality of players in place and it feels like losing like 7 or 8 of the deadwood with no more ins could get us back on track in the new season. With an &#39;angrier&#39; manager in place, a tight, together, motivated 22 man squad, and Mel&#39;s hands tied by embargo, I&#39;d be quietly optimistic for the new season. Otherwise, I just don&#39;t think Mel will able to control himself again in pre season. </p>

not very poisonous! lol

"dirty money"??

Can I ask if you was ever critical of previous owners who didn't "back" the manager? Or, was you one of the 'fans' who wished Steve McClaren had a bigger squad to deal with the injuries last season?

Who are the 7 or 8 'deadwood' you mention?

Why do you think a better manager couldn't motivate the current squad as-is?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

not very poisonous! lol

"dirty money"??

Can I ask if you was ever critical of previous owners who didn't "back" the manager? Or, was you one of the 'fans' who wished Steve McClaren had a bigger squad to deal with the injuries last season?

This forum circa 2011 was moaning there was no investment, now that was the right way and we have invested too much apparently.

Insanity.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

not very poisonous! lol

"dirty money"??

Mel made his money by investing in a company that exploits idiots. Whether that tells us what kind of man he is, I have no idea. I'm not critical of him for backing us financially, obviously, but it's clear to see his personality and his ego are taking us down a dark path right now. His presence is toxic at the moment. I'm not saying there's no chance he could turn that around. Like others have said, I'm desperate to be proven wrong about him as a person. Maybe he's learnt a lot about himself this season, and will now realize that throwing money around doesn't give you immunity.

The 7 or 8 deadwood: don't we all know who they are?

It's true that a better manager could motivate the squad as is. Wouldn't that be nice? Realistically though, it seems like something will have to give, in terms of getting some of them out in the hope of it restoring some togetherness.

4 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Yes he does. But careful what you say.

Why do I need to be careful what I say?

Archived