Have a read of old threads from not so long ago....

Mafiabob

Apologies @davenportram for bumping old threads... But it's funny how people's perception of Clement/Morris/any player change (including mine) from just turn of the year onwards.

Also the points/stats that got mooted about have been turned on their head for/against Clement/Morris/players.

Funny how hypocritical and how much of a fan we are... We change our minds just as much as others! 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Apologies @davenportram for bumping old threads... But it's funny how people's perception of Clement/Morris/any player change (including mine) from just turn of the year onwards.

Also the points/stats that got mooted about have been turned on their head for/against Clement/Morris/players.

Funny how hypocritical and how much of a fan we are... We change our minds just as much as others! 

Comes with the territory M8 

Dont worry about it .

Daveo loves putting stuff back up .

ie what I said then and what I'm saying now. 

Fact is we don't run the club or have inside knowledge .

Were just fans at the end of the day with opinions. 

It's why my position is usually to give people time, and I try and avoid the "hypetrain" for lack of a better word, both for and against players, managers and teams because things change so quickly in football, and due to the nature of game, it can be drastic. A bit over a month ago you could swear we were just going to march on to promotion, now you could swear we were in a relegation dogfight. Middlesbrough had virtually won the league a few weeks back, now I've heard people talk about them being in "crisis" even with them top of the league. 

The same can be said of Clement and players. There were calls for Clement to go as early as 4 matches in, then there was talk of it being a masterstroke with him being a manager with better tactical ideas than McClaren, and finally calls for his head again. Weimann was awful, then amazing, now awful again. Ince wasn't up to it, then he was, then he wasn't again. Martin is the best striker in the league, then useless, then... you get the point, you have to judge things over the long term, not recent form, because strange things can and do happen. 

It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this now though. As I've said elsewhere, you can say what you will about Mel, but at the very least he's decisive. He saw what he thought was a problem, and he's got the resources and resolve to do something about it. Whether or not he's right to or not is another question all together, and whilst many of us, myself included, hope this doesn't become some strange game, he will ultimately be judged on such decisions in the long run. To be honest, despite the wording of it, he was clear about the issue that lead to this, let's just hope they demonstrate that further by getting the right people in at some point in the future. When that time comes though, I hope many on here have learnt some patience for the players and the staff, giving them the time and faith they'll need. 

35 minutes ago, curtains said:

Comes with the territory M8 

Dont worry about it .

Daveo loves putting stuff back up .

ie what I said then and what I'm saying now. 

Fact is we don't run the club or have inside knowledge .

Were just fans at the end of the day with opinions. 

I'm guessing you're talking about McClaren post the other day?

I change my opinion all the time, everyone does it and I'll link you to some of my own if it makes you feel better. 

Thing is you try to rewrite history, rubbishing the job McClaren did after you was so vocal in support of him, tried to claim you changed your opinion after the Newcastle speculation but I found a thread you started backing him and having a pop at other members for not 2 days after the Reading game.

When he went to Newcastle all of a sudden he became a poor manager that did a crap job. It's ok to be pissed off with him for going but let's not ignore what he did for us is what I was getting at.

You like to bang the back the club, support Mel Morris, leaving team selections up to the manager drum having pops at other members until Mel does something you don't agree with or Bradley Johnson is dropped then it's alright now to be critical. 

As I said, you change your mind more than I change my underwear :) 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I'm guessing you're talking about McClaren post the other day?

I change my opinion all the time, everyone does it and I'll link you to some of my own if it makes you feel better. 

Thing is you try to rewrite history, rubbishing the job McClaren did after you was so vocal in support of him, tried to claim you changed your opinion after the Newcastle speculation but I found a thread you started backing him and having a pop at other members for not 2 days after the Reading game.

When he went to Newcastle all of a sudden he became a poor manager that did a crap job. It's ok to be pissed off with him for going but let's not ignore what he did for us is what I was getting at.

You like to bang the back the club, support Mel Morris, leaving team selections up to the manager drum having pops at other members until Mel does something you don't agree with or Bradley Johnson is dropped then it's alright now to be critical. 

As I said, you change your mind more than I change my underwear :) 

But you haven't got much underwear right .

You never change your mind .

Teflon man. 

49 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's why my position is usually to give people time, and I try and avoid the "hypetrain" for lack of a better word, both for and against players, managers and teams because things change so quickly in football, and due to the nature of game, it can be drastic. A bit over a month ago you could swear we were just going to march on to promotion, now you could swear we were in a relegation dogfight. Middlesbrough had virtually won the league a few weeks back, now I've heard people talk about them being in "crisis" even with them top of the league. 

The same can be said of Clement and players. There were calls for Clement to go as early as 4 matches in, then there was talk of it being a masterstroke with him being a manager with better tactical ideas than McClaren, and finally calls for his head again. Weimann was awful, then amazing, now awful again. Ince wasn't up to it, then he was, then he wasn't again. Martin is the best striker in the league, then useless, then... you get the point, you have to judge things over the long term, not recent form, because strange things can and do happen. 

It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this now though. As I've said elsewhere, you can say what you will about Mel, but at the very least he's decisive. He saw what he thought was a problem, and he's got the resources and resolve to do something about it. Whether or not he's right to or not is another question all together, and whilst many of us, myself included, hope this doesn't become some strange game, he will ultimately be judged on such decisions in the long run. To be honest, despite the wording of it, he was clear about the issue that lead to this, let's just hope they demonstrate that further by getting the right people in at some point in the future. When that time comes though, I hope many on here have learnt some patience for the players and the staff, giving them the time and faith they'll need. 

I am just re-reading his answers to questions at a press conference in the Derby Telegraph.His

answers were vague and contradictory,I don't think hes clear at all.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

But you haven't got much underwear right .

You never change your mind .

Teflon man. 

Nathan Tyson, I was super excited, lightening pace, took one away from Forest, yeah yeah they are saying he's **** but that's natural.

As the games went by I realised what a duffer we had on our hands.

Absolute **** signing he was.

I'm not going to say I never wanted him, I did, nothing will change that. Just not the player I thought he was which is pretty much when I started to realise you can't judge a player from highlight shows and clips on YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Nathan Tyson, I was super excited, lightening pace, took one away from Forest, yeah yeah they are saying he's **** but that's natural.

As the games went by I realised what a duffer we had on our hands.

I'm not going to say I never wanted him, I did, nothing will change that. Just not the player I thought he was which is pretty much when I started to realise you can't judge a player from highlight shows and clips on YouTube.

I admit I do change my mind. 

Mel Morris did on Paul Clement. 

I was advocating buying Andre Gray and I was lambasted on here. 

That lad ain't a bad player now is he. 

PS I was also happy with Tyson signing at the time but he got injured 1st game in a friendly against Aston Villa and was never the same player after that. 

Cloughie signed Tyson and Sammon and I said both would be good signings but in retrospect they weren't so good. 

You are  good Administaror and I doubt I'll change my mind on that lol. 

Im still here so that tells you something about this forum it's very fair. 

For the record on Steve McClaren I backed him 100 percent when he came to Derby after Nigel Clough was sacked. 

Maybe I should have gone with the Wally with the Brolly stuff. 

Now for the record Mel and Sam sacked Steve McClaren and Sam was involved in the sacking of Nigel Clough. 

I have no say in club matters and they take no notice of me of that I'm 100 percent sure.  

eg. Andre Gray 

Now what happened at Derby which meant Nigel and Steve got sacked .  Answer I don't know. 

What has caused Paul to be sacked so quickly I still don't know. 

Up the Rams. 

Im just a fan. 

PS My opinions are more often than not wrong but sometimes just occasionally they may be right .

Put me on ignore anyone who doesn't want to read my comments. 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Hahaha,,,brilliant Albert. You must have some time n your hands though!:D

12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

BREAKING NEWS -

Football fans are fickle.  Those writing off Wassall already will be singing his praises if we beat MK Dons by a couple of goals, and play with tempo and penetration.

No they won't. They'll say that kind of performance is "expected", despite not seeing it in over a year.

Archived