gamble v proven?

archied

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LazloW said:

It really is as if nobody listened or remembered what Mel said at the start if the season; buildong long term stability, not constantly changing managers, promotion not a requirement this season, etc etc etc.  Unless something has gone very wrong with their relationship then all these threads about replacing PC are completely moot.  Not going to happen (now I've written this he'll be sacked on Monday of course).

In terms of proven versus gamble, i think every managegerial appointment is a gamble.  There are no guarantees. We've appointed all types of manager over the years and you can never predict what will happen. All depend on the bigger picture and a bit of luck one way or the other.  One thing I would just note is that current form aside, we are still 5th in a very competitive league and only 5/6 points from automatic.  I suggest that writing off any manager who took us to the top of the league at Christmas is a tad short sighted and just a bit churlish.  Just my view,,of course.

And in a sense you are correct of course but surely is it not better to back at more favourable odds?

The thing is, something has gone very wrong. We now have a “coach” who game on game is demonstrating incompetence, tactical ineptitude, poor motivation and even fear. Sorry to say it but basically he is not up to the job, and that saddens me because he comes across as a really decent bloke. Actually, which when you analysis it, this may also be one of his a failings in not having a ruthless streak.

From the onset I championed the appointment of a proven manager as opposed to taking a high risk gamble which we didn’t need or have to do. It’s failed, cut our losses now and employ, a Moyes, Rodgers or for me, Person who currently has team sitting at the top of the Premier.

Oh dear what a shambles,,club in the 3rd season of the Sam Rush dream,the yanks bailed out,1st season of the Mel Morris

Chairman-owner takeover..Millions spent and you lot baying for blood.Paul Clements  is our man,,the person employed as Head Coach,Ok he has come into a changing squad from,Clough,s spell in charge and McClarens,tweaking,and so the set up is for improvement in the top 6,If we get rid of Clements after less than one season it means the club is poor at recruitment,The guy should get at least two years,and we should relax and see where it takes us

I know some on here said quoted what Mel had said at the start of the season, but take it from me, its PR to take away any pressure on Paul Clement, it keeps the fans and the press off his back.

The reason its PR, is we have made some serious investments in new players since that PR talk, there would be no £20 odd million spent if we weren't going for promotion this season. It would have been stick with what we have got, see how things settle in  this season and we'll look at what improvements are required in the summer to strengthen any weaknesses within the team and make a push for promotion 16/17.

The gaffer tells the fans & the press one thing but tells us something different, its PR my friends - been there.

5 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Oh dear what a shambles,,club in the 3rd season of the Sam Rush dream,the yanks bailed out,1st season of the Mel Morris

Chairman-owner takeover..Millions spent and you lot baying for blood.Paul Clements  is our man,,the person employed as Head Coach,Ok he has come into a changing squad from,Clough,s spell in charge and McClarens,tweaking,and so the set up is for improvement in the top 6,If we get rid of Clements after less than one season it means the club is poor at recruitment,The guy should get at least two years,and we should relax and see where it takes us

But why would you continue to gamble on a losing horse?

When McClaren elected to go into the loan market and change Cloughs squad things went downhill rapidly. Clement has done exactly the same in spending £25m and took us even further back.

Noticeable that Raneira has not added to Pearsons squad when he was in strong position to do so.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

It really is as if nobody listened or remembered what Mel said at the start if the season; buildong long term stability, not constantly changing managers, promotion not a requirement this season, etc etc etc.  Unless something has gone very wrong with their relationship then all these threads about replacing PC are completely moot.  Not going to happen (now I've written this he'll be sacked on Monday of course).

In terms of proven versus gamble, i think every managegerial appointment is a gamble.  There are no guarantees. We've appointed all types of manager over the years and you can never predict what will happen. All depend on the bigger picture and a bit of luck one way or the other.  One thing I would just note is that current form aside, we are still 5th in a very competitive league and only 5/6 points from automatic.  I suggest that writing off any manager who took us to the top of the league at Christmas is a tad short sighted and just a bit churlish.  Just my view,,of course.

Thank you for posting fooking sense on here.... Some of our fans are absolute spoilt blooming brats at times.... They think it's bad now... Wasn't so long ago we were getting beat by Crawley in the cup, Getting no where under Jewell ( who was proven I hasten to add going back to original theme of thread ) Gregory's teams etc... 

Toys have been thrown out of the pram by some...

Not saying it's great at moment, far from it... We are bloody 5 points off top and not playing great. 

Plenty of time... Instead of fans wobbling who like to think they know it all.

Apologies if offend anyone... Just fed up with wobblers.... But before you reply, I'm no blind faither either.

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thank you for posting fooking sense on here.... Some of our fans are absolute spoilt blooming brats at times.... They think it's bad now... Wasn't so long ago we were getting beat by Crawley in the cup, Getting no where under Jewell ( who was proven I hasten to add going back to original theme of thread ) Gregory's teams etc... 

Toys have been thrown out of the pram by some...

Not saying it's great at moment, far from it... We are bloody 5 points off top and not playing great

Plenty of time... Instead of fans wobbling who like to think they know it all.

Apologies if offend anyone... Just fed up with wobblers.... But before you reply, I'm no blind faither either.

Don't forget the top two have games in hand, we are currently bottom of the form table, we now look a very average mid table team. We are also 3 pts from dropping out of the top 6 all together................

As I said earlier, two performances from 33 games, proves there is something seriously wrong.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

Don't forget the top two have games in hand, we are currently bottom of the form table, we now look a very average mid table team. We are also 3 pts from dropping out of the top 6 all together................

As I said earlier, two performances from 33 games, proves there is something seriously wrong.

Something seriously wrong at Boro then? No win in 3? Lost to a lower table side, a midtable side and avte yesterday they drew with who were similar with Fulham... By your logic it must be pretty depressing there too.

Not saying we're great... We're not, but it's folly to say we are in a terrible way....

You wouldn't have this conversation a month ago. Didn't see one thread before then saying we've been poor all season...

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Something seriously wrong at Boro then? No win in 3? Lost to a lower table side, a midtable side and avte yesterday they drew with who were similar with Fulham... By your logic it must be pretty depressing there too.

Not saying we're great... We're not, but it's folly to say we are in a terrible way....

You wouldn't have this conversation a month ago. Didn't see one thread before then saying we've been poor all season...

No win in 3?

More like no win in 7 league games, dropped 17 pts from 21s

This run is far worse than under Mac this time last year and at least injuries were used then, all we get lately is excuses excuses.

Could you tell me how many games where we have played well for 90 minutes, I am not talking about dominating, just played well for 90 mins?

I have said numerous times for me Wolves and Hull, have I missed another game? 

I find it bemusing how impatient some people are. The same people that bang on about how they've seen the bad times in div 3 blah blah blah Zzzzzz but can't hack a poor 7 game run in the second tier? crazy. It's not as if some of these threads and opinions have only just started either, they were present after the Reading game, 3 games without a win?. Too many people wanting things done this second. 

17 minutes ago, toddy said:

No win in 3?

More like no win in 7 league games, dropped 17 pts from 21s

This run is far worse than under Mac this time last year and at least injuries were used then, all we get lately is excuses excuses.

Could you tell me how many games where we have played well for 90 minutes, I am not talking about dominating, just played well for 90 mins?

I have said numerous times for me Wolves and Hull, have I missed another game? 

Can't think much more than them games...

Answer me this, where are we in the league.... Where you think we should be in the league... If you think this is a crisis than I hate to imagine yourself if you were around in last couple of decades....

who would you want in?

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Can't think much more than them games...

Answer me this, where are we in the league.... Where you think we should be in the league... If you think this is a crisis than I hate to imagine yourself if you were around in last couple of decades....

who would you want in?

5th, top 3 minimum  - with the players left over from Mac, plus with the new recruits we should be doing much much better than 4pts from 21.

The results are really only half of it, its the performances which is the alarming side of things. We set our stall out not to be beaten, that's all well and good if we are team looking to survive in a league, but we are not looking to survive, we are looking to get promotion. And to get that you have to win games and you and I both know that requires much better attacking play than we done all season.

I too bought into the hype last summer, but since the Fulham game in December, I have been recessing how our season has really gone.

I have seen the highs and too many lows since BC days...............

Who would I want in a proven coach, there are a few employed at the moment - Pearson, Rogers both have done it in this league.

5 hours ago, ValeRam said:

Watching Derby County at the moment is like sitting by the roadside watching a car crash develop in very slow motion - heart-breaking but utterly fascinating at the same time 

Never seen a car crash cost 20 million squid and take the best part of 9 months to organise though

1 hour ago, toddy said:

5th, top 3 minimum  - with the players left over from Mac, plus with the new recruits we should be doing much much better than 4pts from 21.

The results are really only half of it, its the performances which is the alarming side of things. We set our stall out not to be beaten, that's all well and good if we are team looking to survive in a league, but we are not looking to survive, we are looking to get promotion. And to get that you have to win games and you and I both know that requires much better attacking play than we done all season.

I too bought into the hype last summer, but since the Fulham game in December, I have been recessing how our season has really gone.

I have seen the highs and too many lows since BC days...............

Who would I want in a proven coach, there are a few employed at the moment - Pearson, Rogers both have done it in this league.

Pretty much how I feel, for me the style and method of play has been fairly dour this season and that is ignoring the results but having a season ticket for the last 30 odd years means I have seen worse situations but we do have the players to be very good at this level and should have enhanced it a lot by what we have spent and I would have thought our owner will think the same.

Mine is just one of many opinions and that opinion is not based on a bad run of results ,, I'm not that fickle , Derby over the past few years in the main have been a joy to watch and at their best totally unplayable at championship level , the passing and movement off the ball , the tempo , the spirit ,, to watch us deteriating into a disjointed group that struggle to find a teammate with a pass is sad to watch,,, been watching Derby for the best part of 50 years so I think I'm entitled to express an opinion on whether I think clement is doing a good job or not ,, I don't think he is and I would get rid not based on a few bad results or some silly desperation for instant success ,, if somebody else sees stuff in him that fills them with confidence then fair play to them that's their opinion and just as valid as the one I hold, I just don't see anything that makes me feel he s up to the job at this point in his career , 

Archived