Does he go?

SK47

I always think we should be loyal to the managers overly, so who knows what clough could have done with 25 million £ in six months or even mc claren ( I didn't like his commitment but I enjoyed the football) but currently mr clement view of entertaining football is not mine - I want to be entertained and most of the 24000 season ticket holders want the same and yes success if possible but we the supporters are what matters most ( mr m Morris included)

Regarding the transfers in we have seen only marginal reward,  Carson ok shackel good at the defending bit, butterfield a bit of promise here and there, Johnson has the experience or is it memory's currently but I believe better days are ahead for him.

what else

ince contributes little to being a good team player he is an individual on the pitch (and I sense plenty of other players don't like him) Blackman's record is very patchy and we play him out left where his ability in sadly on show and it is not good ( we will release Sammon in the summer I bet he would do more for the team out there than Blackman),bent and Weiman well they must train very badly because at least a place on the bench?, Pearce has been unlucky in that two people are genuinely in front of him and Baird is genuine cover for a few places but to make him captain when he his never going to play a full part?

we have run of utterly winnable games in a very average league this year, success or failure will be judged soon alongside ticket sales!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SK47 said:

I don't know how to make a poll, but I'd like to see how many Rams think his time has come..

Yes

No

Or, Give him another string of games to prove his worth.

what would you do if you were Mel?

Sack the Manager! Yeah, sack the manager!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fed up with this f* s*.

Sack him, get him instead. Then sack him, and get him instead. Then sack him...

Yeah and boo the team off too!

Because I deserve better! I want to be a winner, god damn you all!

37 minutes ago, eddie said:

My hero

Had my favourite ever regen was on that game too. A Mexican called Vazquez in one of my first few seasons, the complete striker and he scored 30 odd goals a season.

he was getting a bit old, degrading a bit and asked for too much money in his contract renewal. I flogged him to Man City for £25million and he didn't do much. So I bought him back off them for £1.5mil next season and he became a good squad player.

I'm not going to call for his head yet, I think you've got to give him till the end of the season.  However those quoting mels interview about promotion not a requirement this year need to remember his follow up comment. 

He said as long as things were progressing and it was clear things were moving in the right direction then promotion this year wasn't the difference between success and failure. 

Well I'm afraid things are regressing not progressing. If this form and standard of performance becomes the norm mel will pull the trigger sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Sack the Manager! Yeah, sack the manager!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fed up with this f* s*.

Sack him, get him instead. Then sack him, and get him instead. Then sack him...

Yeah and boo the team off too!

Because I deserve better! I want to be a winner, god damn you all!

Calm down Mel.

Some people don't seem to fully understand the fundamentals of building a foundation...

I agree recently performances and results have left a lot of supporters feeling disillusioned with Derby - even myself slightly and I'm very much firmly in the 'Clement IN' brigade. I agree the football isn't as good as it was under McLaren - even when we were top it was more built on our defensive resolve than attacking prowess. But at the same time everyone was lauding PC and how he took effectively last seasons defence which was leakier than a colander in a bathtub and turned it into the best in the league at the time. There's no denying his pedigree as a coach his CV speaks for itself but please don't judge his managerial ability based on a half season in which we have never dropped out the top 6 since getting in there, having been top 2 for a period too. I agree something has got to change as the system currently ain't working but one thing for sure it isn't the manager that needs changing. We don't see the players train daily or know the behind the scenes activity of the club and rightly so. It's at times like these the players and the club NEEDS their supporters to give them a lift. I know people will argue they should give us something to cheer but when confidence is low you (the players) look to your mates (the fans) to dig you out and, like a phoenix from the flames, rise again. 

This season is not over yet, we are in a healthy position and with a good result on Saturday our luck could begin to turn. I won't be at the game on Saturday but those of you who will be - please give the lads a cheer from me, god knows they need it. COYR

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

What did zlatan say?

Guardiano buys a Ferrari and then drives it like a Fiat.

He treats his players like schoolboys and stifles individual flair.

He's sulky and bears grudges. 

He'll drop players who score winners if they answer him back.

Zlatan could not play his individually brilliant style and had to conform to Guardiano's style and discipline or not play at all.

He refuses to either recognise, or play to, his player's strengths.

You get the idea!

Archived