Just a thought...

loughboroughRAM

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

So with all the players we have and we don't get up this  season, we will spend another 20 to 30 million next season on doing it?  Or gambling that the team will be better next season with the same players now?

I was all for Clement when he arrived but due to the poor run of form and complete confidence melt down of players I have started to back track through our season.

How many games have played well for 90 mins? Wolves and Hull

Have we really improved?

What has caused the melt down of our season, because this is very similar to the end last season but without the injuries excuse and we have spent a few bob as well.

Something was said on the BBC I think it was Shearer, who said I had a great no2 in Hartford at Blackburn, he moved up to the no1 job but just couldn't do it, being a great no2 doesn't mean you'll make at as a no1....

We will need to turn around our season sooner than later, we need a win on Tuesday to put confidence back in to the players.

I agree, it will be a much harder division next season with those that do drop down from the prem ......currently villa s/land and toon.

The 'meltdown' has only happened in your head. At least let it happen in real life before you start stating it as fact

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I think the original poster is probably correct regarding the long term ambition central to Clement's appointment.  An established but limited Championship level manager (say a Warnock type) might be able to get us promoted more quickly, especially with all the transfer money available, but wouldn't be capable of taking the club to the next level after that - which is becoming an established top half Premiership team, like Stoke for example.  So I suspect the owner is willing to be patient and allow Clement time to develop his experience in the belief he has the potential to become a top manager in the years ahead.

Having said all that, I do believe any manager with decent ability - even one in his first season as head coach - should be capable of getting into the top 6 of a league like this with the amount of financial backing he's been given.  I still believe that other than Hull, Boro and Burnley this is a pretty weak Championship this season.

and we are in the promotion places and have been for most of the season (basically after the first 7/8 games)

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The 'meltdown' has only happened in your head. At least let it happen in real life before you start stating it as fact

Sorry from top spot to 5th in a few weeks  & 2pts from 15 is a meltdown.,

57 minutes ago, loughboroughRAM said:

and we are in the promotion places and have been for most of the season (basically after the first 7/8 games)

We are still in the top 6 and have been since Oct 18th. We need to address the lack of confidence within the team and get back to winning ways.

Change of owner, change of manager, change of players, what's the one thing that's constant?

our idiot fans who go into meltdown every time we concede a goal and pile even more pressure on the team when they're struggling.

we're going to concede goals and we're going to have defeats in a 46 game season, the way our fans react to it is abysmal.

I think that fans have a right to react. Why call them idiots? I can't understand why someone is labelled an idiot just because of a different viewpoint. We haven't been playing well and didn't look very convincing when we were winning. Everything is not rosy in the world of the Rams at the moment. There were signs though in the second half of the match that possibly we could get better 

I'm sorry but some of the opinions are idiotic. The 'I want it all and I want it now' attitude of some fans is causing the poor atmosphere. We misplace a few passes or make a defensive howler and the ground goes quiet. Booing the team, calling for the managers head and character assassins on Twitter. Tell me how that is not the work of idiots. 

3 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

I think that fans have a right to react. Why call them idiots? I can't understand why someone is labelled an idiot just because of a different viewpoint. We haven't been playing well and didn't look very convincing when we were winning. Everything is not rosy in the world of the Rams at the moment. There were signs though in the second half of the match that possibly we could get better 

Because they have no idea of the bigger picture. People can moan all they want, but it's not helping anyone. 

Archived