Déjà vu

Kernow

No, not the collapse a la last season. Our blip in form has now seen no win in 5.

At the start of the season we had no win in 5, but our run ended against Preston and we ended up going on an 11 match unbeaten run and pushing ourselves to the top of the table.

Our next game is against Preston. Time to get a win and set another run going.

Feel a little bit of positivity and optimism is needed after that very strange game.

Keep the faith.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

No, not the collapse a la last season. Our blip in form has now seen no win in 5.

At the start of the season we had no win in 5, but our run ended against Preston and we ended up going on an 11 match unbeaten run and pushing ourselves to the top of the table.

Our next game is against Preston. Time to get a win and set another run going.

Feel a little bit of positivity and optimism is needed after that very strange game.

Keep the faith.

wouldnt let me like this but you're 100% bang on. 

Just now, loughboroughRAM said:

wouldnt let me like this but you're 100% bang on. 

Conspiracy against positivity!

It may all go tits up but currently this is all seeming very familiar to the build before the last time we played Preston. I'm not confident of autos anymore, but this league is strange. Always has been strange and always will be strange. Since Boxing Day Hull have had an 11 point swing on us. They're not brilliant themselves, any side in the top 8 could go on a run and threaten the top two, so I'm not in the doomsday group, which appears to be growing.

Agree with the sentiment. The first half we looked fluid and it was just the creation of clear chances which seemed to be missing. If he takes Johnson out - for perhaps Bryson - and just settled on the XI then we might have some semblance of team cohesion. 

Tonight was Burnley's fifth straight game with the same team, Hull, Boro all know near enough what their starting XI looks like. If it takes a few poor results to build that cohesion then so be it. If we keep making 3/4 unforced changes every game then the players will continue to look lost. 

COYR 

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Conspiracy against positivity!

It may all go tits up but currently this is all seeming very familiar to the build before the last time we played Preston. I'm not confident of autos anymore, but this league is strange. Always has been strange and always will be strange. Since Boxing Day Hull have had an 11 point swing on us. They're not brilliant themselves, any side in the top 8 could go on a run and threaten the top two, so I'm not in the doomsday group, which appears to be growing.

I agree autos looking a long long long way off at the minute but all it takes is for us to put some form together entering the final straight of the season and who knows what could happen! I share your 'glass half full' outlook and am still holding out for positives. Like they say, its a funny old game...

We looked really good first half, started well second half, the penalties did knock it out of us though....never a 4-1 game, but it does happen....if we replicate that in the majority of the remaining games we will get back to winning ways.

Archived