RIP Glenn Frey

Cisse

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick of this year already. I love the 'Eagles' Lucky enough to see them live. They were awesome.

I am devastated with this news, on top of the other deaths just lately. 

Whoever is up there is after one hell of a super group. 

RIP Glenn Frey 

4 hours ago, rezner said:

Sick of this year already. I love the 'Eagles' Lucky enough to see them live. They were awesome.

I am devastated with this news, on top of the other deaths just lately. 

Whoever is up there is after one hell of a super group. 

RIP Glenn Frey 

I saw them live twice. Those are highlights of my life. I'll never forget those evenings. I was hoping one more chance at it.

I remember when about 1992-93 they started to talk about the chances of Eagles getting together again. I was so pumped up about it. We watched the Hell Freezes Over concert with my mate dozens of times over the next year. We actually were in the middle of arranging a meeting with a friend of ours as soon as possible to celebrate an Eagles evening when this news came.

53 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

When Hotel California first came out, I can remember discussing one night with a fellow guitarist, which was our favourite note of the solo :) 

I love Joe Walsh, what a player. If you've ever got 7 minutes to kill, check out this young lass's version of HC, I was like wow the first time I saw it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j1q4-tzMI28

For years I have been considering getting a tattoo of Eagles or Glenn Frey who was my favourite of the band. Have been thinking about this picture from the MTV Hell Freezes Over Concert which has had a part in my life for over twenty years already.

hfo049.JPG

Archived