dont allow away fans in the corporate area of the SW corner

davenportram

today I witnessed, not for the first time. Away fans openly celebrating in the SW corner. I know its corporate but when they are so close to the SS it antagonises the home fans.

also with the away fans appearing to be removed from the North Stand today after their first goal, why are corporate fans treated differently.

last season this issue was severe against forest, today the steward on the steps between the south stand and the sw corner had to deal with a situation that could be avoided by the club taking the sensible approach of moving away corporate fans from that area.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

Unless specifically antagonising directly into your face I don't see a problem, it's a bloody football match. That is if they aren't in the wrong section of course...

Some people need to get some perspective in their lives.

they are sat in a home area of the stadium. And as shown below they need to behave in accordance to that.

1 minute ago, alanmarklewis said:

Makes it sound like they should buy Derby shirts and pretend to they aren't away fans.

well if away fans cheer sat in any other home area, and behave inappropriately to the area they are sat in are ejected why should the corporate area be different? Especially when the club states they are in a home area on the website?

9 hours ago, davenportram said:

well if away fans cheer sat in any other home area, and behave inappropriately to the area they are sat in are ejected why should the corporate area be different? Especially when the club states they are in a home area on the website?

I think the whole thing should be reviewed, for example the club shouldn't be stupid and put them in with home supporters in the first place.

I know if I was sat in the home end as an away fan I would find it hard not to celebrate...

Last season when forest scored, it became apparant very quickly there was about 8 of their fans sat in the corporate bit, in the stands. 

Home fans got cross when they were celebrating, as you'd expect, then its fair to say, they started gloating when they werent removed which just made it worse and caused more aggro directed at them from both sides. In the end, the stewards removed them.

It would be so easy for the club to avoid conflict like this, just dont allow away fans in amongst home fans. Yes it is only a football match, but the very nature of it creates a pack mentality, which I don't think should be taken lightly. 

Is hassle of this kind really worth the few extra quid to the club? Have away fans in the corporate end if you must, just ask them to use a box. 

Personally if it was me, I wouldnt want to sit in amongst or near the most vociferous stand in the ipro, if I was an away fan, only if I was prepared to keep quiet.

On 16 January 2016 at 18:25, alanmarklewis said:

Unless specifically antagonising directly into your face I don't see a problem, it's a bloody football match. That is if they aren't in the wrong section of course...

Some people need to get some perspective in their lives.

It shouldn't be a problem, it's a game of football, why should it be different to almost any other sport, bar the odd boxing bout spat amongst fans, there is no effective segregation at any other spectator sport.

On 17 January 2016 at 04:23, alanmarklewis said:

I think the whole thing should be reviewed, for example the club shouldn't be stupid and put them in with home supporters in the first place.

I know if I was sat in the home end as an away fan I would find it hard not to celebrate...

It's really a case of whether you are in control of your emotions as a person. Personally, I've had some real funny moments in the corporates, usually holding a program, glove, burying my head, anything to cover my mouth, whilst grinning like a Cheshire Cat underneath.

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

The box could have been bought by a Derby based company and they may have invited Birmingham based customers to go.

its not good to let them incite the crowd though.

Exactly. I've been fortunate to be a guest several times at away games in such circumstances as well as hosted boxes in a former corporate life at Villa and Man Utd when the Rams have played. At United there can be several hundred "away" fans in the corporate.

The last semi final we played there, I got to meet Roy Mac as he was walking through the restaurant to the Sky gantry, it made our day he chatted to us, must have been 20 or so Derby fans in there. It can be real memorable, we cheered like anything when Wanchope scored his wonder goal, the funny thing was, Wilf McGuinness who I've met a few times, as I know his agent, was a suite compare (bit like Colin Tunnicliffe, Roger Davis etc), before the game he way taking the pee pronouncing him lamb chop you name it. So the pleasure was all mine at half time, made a bee line to ask him if he would remember his name now :lol:

Could tell several funnies about corporate away days, but I don't want to come across all biggety, as my real point is don't let a few bad eggs ruin it for everyone else.

Maybe, if they club have a policy they should remind fans of a standard or code when issuing tickets, a statement box holders or table sponsors should hand out in the seating areas near to the south stand.

21 hours ago, ladyram said:

It would be so easy for the club to avoid conflict like this, just dont allow away fans in amongst home fans. Yes it is only a football match, but the very nature of it creates a pack mentality, which I don't think should be taken lightly. 

Is hassle of this kind really worth the few extra quid to the club? Have away fans in the corporate end if you must, just ask them to use a box. 

Personally if it was me, I wouldnt want to sit in amongst or near the most vociferous stand in the ipro, if I was an away fan, only if I was prepared to keep quiet.

You'll never stop it unless you ban all corporate seating, how can you police it? Anyone asked would deny they are an away fan. I'd just say I was a neutral guest come to be entertained, that happens frequently. You cannot expect all corporate tickets to be fully fledged home fans. If they were, many of them would have season tickets. 

The real issue is enforcing a code of conduct, particularly near.vociferous areas of home support.

edit my bad grammar post above, typing on iPads not easy.

I always remember a game i was at years ago, Derby Vs Newcastle in the PL, i was sat in the SE stand and 3 newcastle fans where also in there. I recall them celebrating when Newcastle scored and there being some words had, but more people chanting towards them, the best bit then was one of them (probably with a few too many in him) turned round and gave it the old 'come on then' with his arms to the whole SE stand. The look on his face as all the colour drained from it as what seemed like a sea of about 3000 fans suddenly descend on him, fortunately (for him) a steward got old of them before anyone else and ejected them. Pretty sure we won 3-2 aswell.

11 hours ago, Zag zig said:

You'll never stop it unless you ban all corporate seating, how can you police it? Anyone asked would deny they are an away fan. I'd just say I was a neutral guest come to be entertained, that happens frequently. You cannot expect all corporate tickets to be fully fledged home fans. If they were, many of them would have season tickets. 

The real issue is enforcing a code of conduct, particularly near.vociferous areas of home support.

edit my bad grammar post above, typing on iPads not easy.

Thats what I mean, their own conduct just made things worse. From what I could see they really shouldn't have started to gloat. I'm really not surprised they were moved. 

They couldn't have denied they were neutral either, not after they scored. 

But put it this way, if I was sat smack in the middle of forest fans and we scored, I wouldn't dare move - I wouldnt even sit there tbh. But hey, that's just me.

This is how daft it is:

you aren't allowed to stand outside corporate area through the patio doors with a pint in your hand, you aren't even allowed to stand in the doorway with a pint in your hand.

If the police controller can see anyone from across the pitch from his glass control room at the top middle of the East stand then the stewards get a bollocking and told to shift the offending people.

But, an obvious away fan giving it the billy big bolox who's probably under the influence of paid for ale winding up home fans is allowed?

This has to be wrong, if a person is inciting the crowd, no matter which team he supports, he/her should be spoken to and the n ejected if not calmed down.

Archived