East Midlands Airport boycott threat over Derby County advert

Inglorius

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, needles said:

I'm right behind the campaign. I hereby declare that my family and I will be fully boycotting EMA for a period of 6 months, maybe 7.

Not going on holday intil June or July then?

Pathetic really, on all accounts. But i would say the most short sighted is from EMA - If Leicester do win the PL, I would have thought EMA along with other local businesses in Leicestershire would be looking to get a benefit from it, via advertising, publicity etc.....Surely EMA would want to proudly show the local PL winners in images in departues/arrivals???

By doing this they have effectively ruled out that opportunity - very short sighted.

Would Leicester being displayed as PL winners there stop me flying from there? not a chance - and i wouldnt be offended either...

very odd all round... Banning an ad for football club? Is that true? Is wTching football bad for your health? Well maybe it is. Not sure it's worth boycotting ema because of it, they're not usually the cheapest or most convenient of flights anyway. 

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

Wings of a sparrow, eye of a hawk??? Jeez, help me out Inverurie!! 

Wings of a sparrow, eye of a hawk,

Have a cold beer, not gonna sing, just gonna talk,

We might have a dozen, nobby's nuts and all,

Stick on the jukebox a song by The Fall........a song by The Fall.......a song by The Fall

Can I add, I'm quite glad,

The banner was taken down,

I'm not sad, but quite glad,

The banner was taken down,

It lacked class,

No way near, the perfect pass,

Or the perfect goal,

All it needed was just a Ram,

To say to anyone, who you or I am,

It lacked soul, but did enough for it's media roll, to tell a story to young and old,

And one of my kids is nagging for more Cheerios......so hey ho......Cheerio!

Sounds like a pretty major issue. I can see why people are getting worked up.

I certainly won't be flying from there. I'll drive to Birmingham. Maybe even Luton instead. In fact i'll buy a raft and paddle to the mainland and walk across Europe. 

There's nothing worse than removing/placing an advert in an airport of something you want/don't want. Especially so close to Christmas

Archived