Carsley leaves Brentford

Mostyn6

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's where we can send him...

He had 2 spells there, so it's the only club we can be sure he was happy at - once.

4 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

What about that old goalie, name escapes me, had about 19 clubs, he must have been a happy chappie (or a crap goalie)

John Burridge?

34 clubs. Many times towards the end of his career he was brought in by people as cover. We had him for half a dozen games to cover an injury to Eric Steele. So did everybody else - he was the footballing equivalent of the village bike.

30 minutes ago, eddie said:

John Burridge?

34 clubs. Many times towards the end of his career he was brought in by people as cover. We had him for half a dozen games to cover an injury to Eric Steele. So did everybody else - he was the footballing equivalent of the village bike.

Yes that's him Eddie .:)

Ps

I wonder if he ever turned up at the wrong ground for training at a club he had been at the week before ?

My old boss bought his house from him when he moved to Everton (I think) or maybe it was before then....anyway, the place was covered in motivational sayings all sign written on the walls in almost every room and when he ripped out the wardrobes there was a bunch of Ireland shirts and match photos stuffed down there I managed to persuade him to let me have a couple of photos but he sent the shirts and the rest of the stuff to Carsley and got a lovely "thank you" from him. Seems a nice chap....and looks like my best friend. Ha ha 

Archived