working abroad - time out.

Mostyn6

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is to go for it.

I first went out to Saudi Arabia in 1982, aged 30 yrs old & spent 6 yrs earning a fortune, but I had to earn every penny, working anything up to 16 hrs/day and when they said jump, I replied "how high" !!!

Came back to England and spent it drinking, womanising & holidaying around the world for 5 years and ran out of money. Then I returned to the Middle East - working in several different countries and this time stayed 16 years but I saved it all this time - got married, bought property in the UK & abroad and I'm now very comfortable.

Yes, its worth it, but its not an easy ride - however, if you work hard there are some tremendous rewards.

10 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

Yes he did.You must have been.The KAVOS RAMS flag did occasionally put people off from going in.

Haha brilliant! First time we walked in, I seem a Derby flag, asked lady behind the bar... Was she from Pompey? We all had tshirts etc off him. All the Reps from Kavos used to go in there. Remembering him having a turf war up road from him regarding "fish" and "melon" bowls lol. Small world!

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Haha brilliant! First time we walked in, I seem a Derby flag, asked lady behind the bar... Was she from Pompey? We all had tshirts etc off him. All the Reps from Kavos used to go in there. Remembering him having a turf war up road from him regarding "fish" and "melon" bowls lol. Small world!

Yep all true,my dad is now married to said lady.They live down on the south coast near Gosport/Pompey.They come back up every year to take in a game or two.Good times in the George,not there now bless it.

6 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

Yep all true,my dad is now married to said lady.They live down on the south coast near Gosport/Pompey.They come back up every year to take in a game or two.Good times in the George,not there now bless it.

Lads holidays... Best times of my life! Wherever you go! Next time you see him tell him we were the ones that came in 2000 and back again 2002, he will know who we are. We stayed in the Paralea

I only popped out for a loaf of bread... Saw a cute Swedish chick and that was that really. Been here 18 years now and really love Sweden. 

Wouldnt want to live too far from UK though. Never fell out of love with my home country at all and I enjoy popping over a couple of times a year. There is much to rejoice about living in UK so be careful what you wish for really... But I'd say give it a go and see how it pans out for you mate. 

Archived