New chief scout appointed

Mostyn6

I'm  missing something here. What's logo design got to do with scouting?

er... basically, there was a new job created. Somebody compiles dossiers based on statistics etc, and other visual things, like making training videos etc on computer. The bloke who designed the new logo, applied and got interviewed twice for that position.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May have missed your point here but who are you suggesting we get as chief scout?

Can't imagine outside Premier League elite there are many names that would trip off anyone's tongue? Surely we needed a scout to scout for the chief scout?

Got to be appointment you have to trust the club on..no idea how you could know til you give the guy a chance. Hope he is looking to be more widely travelled than it felt in Clough's time when never seemed to go any further than say Yorkshire to sign people...probably totally unfair but that's my perception!

time when 

Can't imagine outside Premier League elite there are many names that would trip off anyone's tongue? Surely we needed a scout to scout for the chief scout?

Got to be appointment you have to trust the club on..no idea how you could know til you give the guy a chance. Hope he is looking to be more widely travelled than it felt in Clough's time when never seemed to go any further than say Yorkshire to sign people...probably totally unfair but that's my perception!

time when 

They must have had powerful binoculars and a very long pen to spot and sign Russell, Bryson and Forsyth.

I was expecting to be contradicted, so fair enough. That's the trouble with this site, there's always some cleverdick who wants to show how ignorant you are. I shall keep my ill-informed, ignorant little grudges to myself in future, cos you've totally spoiled that one for me now! By next week I will have forgotten though and I will happily return to my Clough's scouting nepotism thought process.

Suppose it is too much to expect a Stimac signing, where you don't really know of the guy from a small foreign league and then he turns up and is a legend?

Ok,I'll save someone the time..

yes

I was expecting to be contradicted, so fair enough. That's the trouble with this site, there's always some cleverdick who wants to show how ignorant you are. I shall keep my ill-informed, ignorant little grudges to myself in future, cos you've totally spoiled that one for me now! By next week I will have forgotten though and I will happily return to my Clough's scouting nepotism thought process.

Suppose it is too much to expect a Stimac signing, where you don't really know of the guy from a small foreign league and then he turns up and is a legend?

Ok,I'll save someone the time..

yes

I know where you are coming from but not surs why people are so obsessed with foreign players.

What is wrong with having a scouting and coaching system with the aim of finding and developing the best local talent available?

Archived