Pay up Pompey

vicky-27

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that for many clubs things will get worse in the next 2 years due to the drop in TV revenue and falling attendances on a national basis. We may see some of the old guard benefactors exit clubs and clubs struggling to find new investors due to the level of leveraged debt owed by a great many clubs.

As for Pompey it now looks like creditors will get a second round 20p in the pound paid on the previous arrangement, in effect they will get 4p in the pound. Certain preferred creditors it would seem are to pocket the parachute payments, the next 4, from the Premier League and it's tough luck to everyone else.

Interesting times lay ahead for the world of football.

Saw this elsewhwere, what the table would like like without Pompey

1 Southampton 32/61

2 Reading 31/57

-----------

3 West Ham 30/55

4 Blackpool 31/54

5 M'Boro 31/52

6 Birmingham 31/51

-----------

7 Brighton 32/50

8 Cardiff 30/49

9 Hull 30/48

10 Burnley 32/47

11 Leeds 31/45

12 Leicester 30/43

13 Palace 31/43

14 Barnsley 31/39

15 Derby 31/39

16 Watford 31/37

17 P'Boro 30/35

18 Ipswich 30/34

19 Millwall 32/31

20 Forest 31/31

21 Bristol City 32/30

---------------

22 Coventry 32/28

23 Doncaster 30/25

I feel sorry for the fans, who'd want to see that happen to their club? They have lifelong supporters just like we do.

Yeah we moan at our club, everything from the board down to the stewards and no, everything's not rosy in our garden but at least we still have a club and we're not in their shoes. My ma always says there's always somebody, somewhere, worse off than you are.

Kind of puts things into perspective a (little) bit.

The alleged satement from Trevor Birch "The club is in a default position. It is left with a foot-print around the stadium that they don't own, they don't own the training ground and they don't own the academy. It leaves you asking 'where has it all gone?', and I can't answer that question." sends shivers down the spine.

I don't really feel that sorry for the fans. They enjoyed good times paid for on borrowed money. After the first stint in administration they should have been asking more questions about the way their board were behaving and should have run them out of town.

To all the people that have been saying no teams will go bust, it's all just scare tactics, what do you think to these latest developments? I noticed Port Vale are close to going out of business too.

I don't really feel that sorry for the fans. They enjoyed good times paid for on borrowed money. After the first stint in administration they should have been asking more questions about the way their board were behaving and should have run them out of town.

To all the people that have been saying no teams will go bust, it's all just scare tactics, what do you think to these latest developments? I noticed Port Vale are close to going out of business too.

Well lets see what heppens. Normally they get saved but maybe one wont this time, lets be honest lots of companys go bust, pompey have just had idiots, followed by idiots in charge. If pompey go they will just start up again at the bottom.

Interesting point I heard on the radio last night. If Pompey fold before the end of the season, their last game is Forest away. Forest could be sat in or around the relegation zone, powerless to do anything as other results come in that might relegate them!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

With all the financial twists and turns going off at serveral clubs it just demonstrates how badly clubs are run. Big exposure for relatively small turnover business and run in many circumstances by passionate rather than business people. The result is there for all to see and the current mess is only the start. Clubs have over extended themselves for far to long and the falling attendances and TV revenue will accelerate the decline of others. The next year will be a torid time for clubs and fans alike.

At least the Rams are being run in a balanced, sensible and businesslike way.

Bye-bye Pompey, Pompey bye-bye.

The kind of side nobody will miss, but the impact of them folding will change the way some other clubs are run.

No doubt they'll appear in the Conference, with a clean financial slate, and in a strong position to quickly return to League One or Champ'.

Why on earth is this allowed? Should play thier youth team.

Portsmouth boss Michael Appleton says he is hopeful of signing two loan strikers before the weekend.

Pompey travel to Brighton on Saturday and Appleton, who has been forced to let key players leave due to financial problems, needs to add to his squad.

"There are two strikers we are looking at," Appleton told BBC Radio Solent.

"If we can't get it done this week, I am convinced we will get it done after the Brighton game but we will work hard to try and get it done before then."

Financially-troubled Pompey are bottom of the Championship table following Tuesday's defeat to Reading and Appleton's squad is threadbare due to injuries and player exits.

Captain Liam Lawrence was the latest departure, signing for Cardiff City on loan last week while Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp also joined Birmingham.

Portsmouth are currently searching for new owners and are in danger of being liquidated before the end of the season.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17284836]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17284836

Hope they lose every game.

The Football League has agreed to resume Basic Awards payments to Portsmouth following discussions with the club's administrator Trevor Birch, who said: "I am pleased to confirm that there have been some positive developments at Portsmouth Football Club over the last few days.

"I have held constructive talks with The Football League, who have been incredibly supportive.

"The League will now resume payment of the club's 'Basic Award' monies which are normally paid on a monthly basis to all Football League clubs. For clubs in the Championship, they amount to around £200,000 a month. The League has confirmed that we will receive the four outstanding payments for the current season as and when they fall due, subject to any outstanding balances owed to other clubs. This money will go a long way towards plugging the club's financial gap and allowing us to complete the season.

"This is clearly a very positive step but I wish to emphasise that we are not out of the woods yet. The additional money buys us more time but it does not solve the club's problems and it does not guarantee the club's survival. But thanks to this and other initiatives currently being considered by the joint administrators, which may include further player loans, we should be able to get to the end of the season. PKF's overarching objective is to find a buyer before the money runs out.

"Portsmouth Football Club needs the continued support of the local community if it is to remain in business for the long term. From what I've seen over the past few weeks, I know that the fans, staff and players will give it their all.

"I am grateful to The Football League for their efforts in what has undoubtedly been a difficult situation for them. I would also like to thank the PFA, who have been playing an important role behind the scenes throughout the administration process.

"There is still much to do but I am working hard to achieve a successful conclusion for the club."

A Football League spokesman said: "As in all insolvency situations, The Football League is focused on the ultimate survival of the club for its supporters and the wider community. We will now continue working with the administrator to achieve a successful re-structuring of the club."

Nick Cusack, PFA Senior Executive said: "The PFA has been working constructively with the joint administrators and has been liaising with The Football League and the Premier League to try to ensure that Portsmouth gets through this very difficult period and emerges as a stronger and more viable football club. The players have played their part in accepting deferrals on their wages and have recently gone eight weeks without receiving any pay at all. In that time, the players have shown great commitment to the club and the supporters, and will continue to give their all in order to get Portsmouth back on its feet and stable once more."

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20120307/league-release-pompey-funds_2293334_2640122

The football league have thrown Portsmouth a bit of a life line by giving them their basic award monies four months in advance, apparently all football league clubs receive about 200,000 per month and its called basic award monies.I have never heard of this, but if its over 12 months thats 2.4 million.Wonder what we do with ours.

The football league have thrown Portsmouth a bit of a life line by giving them their basic award monies four months in advance, apparently all football league clubs receive about 200,000 per month and its called basic award monies.I have never heard of this, but if its over 12 months thats 2.4 million.Wonder what we do with ours.

I honestly wonder what we do with any of the money that comes into the club...we have the 2nd largest turnout in the league, and also the 2nd highest average ticket price.

I honestly wonder what we do with any of the money that comes into the club...we have the 2nd largest turnout in the league, and also the 2nd highest average ticket price.

We DO?! I don't think that's true by a long shot.

Archived