Silly Clubs making perpetually bad decisions...

Mostyn6

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's a nice day for fishing eh most? 

I don't follow. Are you saying I playing down Conte to get a rise out of the likes of Bris and yourself? those posters who find the foreign leagues more romantic than the domestic English leagues will have your opinions regardless. But yeah, I'm not alone in wondering if these coaches could do it at a smaller club without the world's riches to blow on players.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

hang on, are you reverse trolling me by accusing me of trolling? bravo :lol:

I'm genuine. What has Conte done that say for arguments sake, Mark Hughes couldn't do?

I will tell you one thing he has done.....turned a blind eye after finding out that his players were fixing matches..... sounds like a perfect fit for the vile club,

45 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

hang on, are you reverse trolling me by accusing me of trolling? bravo :lol:

I'm genuine. What has Conte done that say for arguments sake, Mark Hughes couldn't do?

Managed the Italian national team!

But the real question is: What has Chelsea got to offer Conte? Why would he take charge of the fifth best team in London? Surely he should wait around for a bigger club, one like Sevilla or Bayer Leverkusen.

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But the real question is: What has Chelsea got to offer Conte? Why would he take charge of the fifth best team in London? Surely he should wait around for a bigger club, one like Sevilla or Bayer Leverkusen.

Money talks, same reason why Pep is going to Man City....because they will pay him a big salary.

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Steve McClaren has managed the England team, what's your point? Is the Italy job some sort of prestigious job?

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Steve McClaren has managed the England team, what's your point? Is the Italy job some sort of prestigious job?

They only give the Italian job to Italians! 

But for arguements sake. Taken Juve to three consecutive titles, incuding an entire league camapign unbeaten. Not bad after he took them over when they were in midtable.

Hughes had his chance at City, and failed miserably.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

They only give the Italian job to Italians! 

But for arguements sake. Taken Juve to three consecutive titles, incuding an entire league camapign unbeaten. Not bad after he took them over when they were in midtable.

Hughes had his chance at City, and failed miserably.

my point is that being a manager of a national team doesn't mean much unless you do well in that role.

As for Juventus, it's an uncompetitive and corrupt league, and the top couple of teams in recent years have probably been easier to manage than Barcelona!

The Man City that Mark Hughes managed was a quantum leap from the Man City of today and Hughes was doing okay.

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

my point is that being a manager of a national team doesn't mean much unless you do well in that role.

As for Juventus, it's an uncompetitive and corrupt league, and the top couple of teams in recent years have probably been easier to manage than Barcelona!

The Man City that Mark Hughes managed was a quantum leap from the Man City of today and Hughes was doing okay.

The first point was a joke, re the Italy role. Hughes couldn't do it, because he's not Italian.

And your second point is rather void as Conte took over Juve when they finished 7th. The season after he won the league, going the entire season unbeaten. Is that not a good mark of management?

The six teams initally above Juve didn't all just get horribly worse. Napoli for instance spent loads under Rafa.

Juve's best decision was getting Pogba, Tevez and Pirlo in. Three players signed by Conte. He clearly knows how to mould a good team, and then get it to perform.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The first point was a joke, re the Italy role. Hughes couldn't do it, because he's not Italian.

And your second point is rather void as Conte took over Juve when they finished 7th. The season after he won the league, going the entire season unbeaten. Is that not a good mark of management?

The six teams initally above Juve didn't all just get horribly worse. Napoli for instance spent loads under Rafa.

Juve's best decision was getting Pogba, Tevez and Pirlo in. Three players signed by Conte. He clearly knows how to mould a good team, and then get it to perform.

so, they bought the league then?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Serie A has many quality teams. Juve,Napoli, AC and inter, Roma, Florintina, Lazio. It's a lot harder than you think it is.

you don't know how hard I think it is. But I know that the best teams generally win the league, and the team that wisely invests the most money in the best players becomes the best team.

It doesn't make Conte better qualified for the Chelsea job than anyone in the Premier League top 10. Not just British managers, but the likes of Pochettino and Koeman for example, would you say they couldn't do as well as Conte has in recent years?

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

:lol::lol::lol: All 3 cost 12 million together. Hardly buying the league, unless you need reminding that we have spent 25 million this season?

stop Trolling, you know that all 3 would be on a combined wage of about half a million a week at least.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

you don't know how hard I think it is. But I know that the best teams generally win the league, and the team that wisely invests the most money in the best players becomes the best team.

It doesn't make Conte better qualified for the Chelsea job than anyone in the Premier League top 10. Not just British managers, but the likes of Pochettino and Koeman for example, would you say they couldn't do as well as Conte has in recent years?

You mean the same Pochettino who was destroyed when he first came here because he couldn't speak English and because he replaced an English manager in Adkins? :lol: Charming how every manager is bang average until they have managed in England.

Just now, McLovin said:

You mean the same Pochettino who was destroyed when he first came here because he couldn't speak English and because he replaced an English manager in Adkins? :lol: Charming how every manager is bang average until they have managed in England.

he didn't walk into a top job though. Maybe Conte should take over at West Brom (like Pepe Mel), or another mid table PL team, like Magath did at Fulham. See how good these top managers would do. Do you think Klopp is doing well at Liverpool? He's probably not even doing as well as Rodgers was.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

he didn't walk into a top job though. Maybe Conte should take over at West Brom (like Pepe Mel), or another mid table PL team, like Magath did at Fulham. See how good these top managers would do. Do you think Klopp is doing well at Liverpool? He's probably not even doing as well as Rodgers was.

Maybe Bobby Robson should have taken charge of Eibar and made them win the La liga then. Bobby Robson is bang average too then. 

But in all seriousness the current Liverpool team isn't Klopp's team. Judge him next season.

Archived