UK Holiday Recommendations

Day

Loads to see in this country.

Name any Spanish resort and I can tell you what it's like.

Sea, beach, row of bars and restaurants, English bars full of overweight vest wearing Heron food shoppers eating eggs on chips. Lucky lucky on the street selling genuine Rolex watches for 20 euros, can also have a caricature whilst you wait for 20 euros.

Stray cats and dogs running around, the sound of horns as cars do what the **** they like. 

Swimming pools at all inclusive hotels full of crusty skinned men and women bloated on fizzy cheap watered down lager saying this is the life.

yeah but Grimsby has changed...its not like that now

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sod that. Get up to Hull and get yourself a ferry away for a few days. 

Now that's a good idea. Ferry to Zeebrugge, into Brugge, couple of glasses of Tripel van de Garre in the Staminee de Garre, nice glass of Westmalle Dubbel in Café Rose Red, glass of  Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel in 't Brugse Beertje, finish the night off with a bottle of Orval in Don Quichotte.

Perfect.

Norfolk Broads, close to Norwich and loads of small villages and holiday lets by the rivers or even hire a boat for the week.

Hire a boat? I would end up crashing into something in the middle of the night thinking it was a good idea to go sailing after having a few cans

Hire a boat? I would end up crashing into something in the middle of the night thinking it was a good idea to go sailing after having a few cans

We're going here for a week in October , dog friendly too , and the 'boats' are tied up , so you 

can't nip off in 'em , pi55ed or not ..

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/moonfleet-marine-houseboats-belh

Northumberland is nice, lots of days out, eg Durham, Lindisfarne, Berwick on Tweed, even the beautiful city of Edinburgh isn't far.

Lots of beaches and countryside for the dog to run amok, and being up north the weather's much the same year round, freezing. 

Archived