Thanks

manxramselly

I had to leave early,(during Bairds injury) on Saturday to jump in a cab to make the boat home,and came across the Preston fan who got himself thrown out during the second half.He'd calmed down a bit so I shook his hand and thanked him for livening up a very dull second half.I didn't comment on his coat though.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to leave early,(during Bairds injury) on Saturday to jump in a cab to make the boat home,and came across the Preston fan who got himself thrown out during the second half.He'd calmed down a bit so I shook his hand and thanked him for livening up a very dull second half.I didn't comment on his coat though.

To be honest it was all light hearted stuff in the ground, don't understand why they threw him out.

Not sure why grant took presidency of Carson on sat,think we should try and keep the defence the same as much as poss so that they can jell as a team,didn't really have a lot to do in fairness so probably helped build his confidence up a bit from the previous horrors he has had in goal .Would expect Carson to be back for the reading game though.

Ince was out of sorts during the game and did very little other than playing around with the ball before passing sideways ,an attribute of our new management,had to come back and help defensively on occasions when I would much prefer to see him up the other end of the  pitch.NOt having a pop at Ince for his performance or lack of it think a,lot of players appear to be under performing and wonder about PC motivating players and his reserved style of tactics of two passes sideways to one pass back before wanting to move the ball forward and play more offensively.Jonny on the other hand ran them ragged made some great runs on and off the ball and looked a class above most others on the field ,couldn't have asked more of him ,Keogh looked and played as good as I have ever seen him and I think is playing with more confidence with the likes of Shacks and Baird along side him,Preston aren't a bad team have one or two good players for this division and won't be a push over for most teams at home but we under performed in the second half and lost momentum when we could have probably pushed and got another goal.

Not sure why grant took presidency of Carson on sat,think we should try and keep the defence the same as much as poss so that they can jell as a team,didn't really have a lot to do in fairness so probably helped build his confidence up a bit from the previous horrors he has had in goal .Would expect Carson to be back for the reading game though.

Ince was out of sorts during the game and did very little other than playing around with the ball before passing sideways ,an attribute of our new management,had to come back and help defensively on occasions when I would much prefer to see him up the other end of the  pitch.NOt having a pop at Ince for his performance or lack of it think a,lot of players appear to be under performing and wonder about PC motivating players and his reserved style of tactics of two passes sideways to one pass back before wanting to move the ball forward and play more offensively.Jonny on the other hand ran them ragged made some great runs on and off the ball and looked a class above most others on the field ,couldn't have asked more of him ,Keogh looked and played as good as I have ever seen him and I think is playing with more confidence with the likes of Shacks and Baird along side him,Preston aren't a bad team have one or two good players for this division and won't be a push over for most teams at home but we under performed in the second half and lost momentum when we could have probably pushed and got another goal.

Yeah but anyway, what about the lad in the coat?

Yeah but anyway, what about the lad in the coat?

don think Pne get to see many proper away supporters ,certainly not in the capacity of 3000 plus who for the main part out sang them ,so he probably just got a bit. Over excited and jealous of us ,don't really understand why he and his mate got evicted really ,leaving Santa  as a one man band with his flag but hey ho with the quality of the burgers outside the stadium I can think of bigger offenders on the day 

remember an Ipswich fan pulling a similar joke at Portman Road a few years back. Removed his top to reveal a Forest shirt amongst the sea of blue Ipswich ones, in the stand next to our away support. If I remember, he wasn't thrown out but 'advised' to leave early to avoid meeting any of our lot outside the ground.

remember an Ipswich fan pulling a similar joke at Portman Road a few years back. Removed his top to reveal a Forest shirt amongst the sea of blue Ipswich ones, in the stand next to our away support. If I remember, he wasn't thrown out but 'advised' to leave early to avoid meeting any of our lot outside the ground.

Why? Because some idiot Derby fans take offence? 

Why? Because some idiot Derby fans take offence? 

As said above, more common sense to 'protect' the fan and his wife from anything untoward that a drunk fan might say or do outside ground. He was getting enough abuse inside stadium too

(I say drunk, because we all know how understanding we are when sober...)

Archived