Paperless System

mozza

Paperless System  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got turned away from an appointed MOT Test today due to massive computer systems failure ,

pissed me right off , what else can we expect to go wrong in this computer age ?

MOT meltdown: Thousands of motorists face being forced off the road after a new government system failed, leaving garages unable to issue certificates 

Garage owners complain that a new computer system keeps crashing 
Motorists may find it hard to get their cars tested due to computer glitch
The DVSA, responsible for the MOT system have been called 'incompetent' 
However garage owners have been advised of 'contingency plans'  

By RAY MASSEY FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 19:52, 19 August 2015 | UPDATED: 20:56, 19 August 2015

2.5kshares

View comments

Millions of motorists risk being forced off the road - or to drive illegally - after major glitches in a new multi-million Government computer system left thousands of garages unable to issue valid MoT certificates.

Furious garages owners across Britain complained of ‘incompetence’ as they reported how the system had failed over recent days with some describing it as an ‘MoT meltdown’

Drivers are being turned away from garages because the new online system can’ t cope - first crashing completely and then running slowly – leaving their cars at risk of being without a valid certificate to be on the road, say garage owners.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203845/MOT-meltdown-Thousands-motorists-face-forced-road-new-government-failed-leaving-garages-unable-issue-certificates.html#ixzz3jzXlvyHY 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working in a office Paperless is the way forward. I can imagine this being the same.

Nothings more annoying then e-mailing multiple people when they could just save there documents to the server! 1) It'll always be there. 2) Everyone can access it!

Working in a office Paperless is the way forward. I can imagine this being the same.

Nothings more annoying then e-mailing multiple people when they could just save there documents to the server! 1) It'll always be there. 2) Everyone can access it!

I thought that.

I renewed my car insurance in March. Last month I had to print it off because I was driving on the continent. The stored documents referred to the previous year - they had not been updated on the server. I had to contact them by email (I am deaf) - they replied immediately, but said that it would take 5-10 working days to correct.

By the time it was fixed, I had been to Holland and returned home.

People need training and you need a code of practice for paperless.

In our office, we are printing and copying less and less - both for internal and external use.

However, clients still want paper versions when they are completely unnecessary and colleagues leave multiple copies of documents all over the server, edit their own and you never know which is the right one. Surprisingly (for me anyway) it is younger colleagues and clients who do these things.

I was getting new tyres at ETS on Alfreton Road yesterday. People that came in for a MOT were given a certificate to say the test had been carried out and the official documents would be sent once the system was available.

It could be different today but they seemed to be getting on fine. 

I was getting new tyres at ETS on Alfreton Road yesterday. People that came in for a MOT were given a certificate to say the test had been carried out and the official documents would be sent once the system was available.

It could be different today but they seemed to be getting on fine. 

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable contingency arrangement. Perhaps the media doing their old "eveyones doomed because something didnt work" routine was on this occasion unecessary

True story this and we're waiting to see what happens.

We have our shopping delivered between 4 and 5 on Thursdays. Anyway, the driver comes to the door and tells my wife it's her lucky day, my wife asks how come, I'm just about to stick the nut on him for trying it on with my Mrs when he explains the supermarkets system has crashed and they haven't got any paperwork for our order so our weeks shopping is free.

We weren't having it and he insisted it was so. We never signed for the shopping and off he went so even if it's only for today, the paperless system is ok with me. 

Archived