Little thought provoking

Mafiabob

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Russians bomded us during the war parents send their toddlers to Sweden for the safety. Now Syrian fathers send themselves to Europe and leave their children and wives back home.

A thought that is very common in Finland.

When Russians bomded us during the war parents send their toddlers to Sweden for the safety. Now Syrian fathers send themselves to Europe and leave their children and wives back home.

They are being press ganged into fighting for the Govt they hate or IS they hate more. That's why all the men are legging it.  

I used to work in the immigration appellate authority doing admin. I basically had to read through people's files and then 'promulgate' their appeal response to them. 9 times out of 10 the appeal was rejected. 

But it what always struck me was that a) most of the stories were carbon copies, all written by some cheap immigration lawyer and b) they're all men talking about how soldiers came and raped their wife and kids, yet they're here in their own, I guess with the intention of sending for the wife and kids later. But itbneverbreallu struck me as a particularly chivalrous thing to do. 

Finally, what always pisses me off is, of all the poor defenceless good guys are claiming asylum, who's actually going to be left in the country fighting for it. 

If all the guys in France just buggered off to England when the nazis invaded, there'd be no resistance, and no French people left in France. 

Surely if your country is so ****** up, someone needs to stay behind and dirt it out.

having said that, I thank god our country isn't ****** up, and I don't have to make that decision. Would I chicken out and go live with the in laws in Peru? I don't know. 

Archived