Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were drawing at rotherham, I noticed Burnley again.... scored twice from corners.

Done it again at the death today.

I wonder how many of their goals come from set pieces... an an awful lot more than derby thats for sure.

For all keoghs ability to bring the ball out of defence, one goal a season would be nice. Keane is probably on about 7 at a guess.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Burnley are so average, the most basic football relying on something special from a couple of players every game. Effective but horrible to watch. Brighton at least playing some football on the deck with some inventive moves.

Which sums up what i have been saying for 2 years. Results and effectiveneess do not equal pretty football.

in 2013/14 and this season burnley would argue their style works better than ours, and they would be right.

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

And like I said, made a tit of himself in the process.

Really I think that he made it less likely that Barton will get a retrospective ban. What did you want him to say after being shown those video clips? 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Really I think that he made it less likely that Barton will get a retrospective ban. What did you want him to say after being shown those video clips? 

I can't imagine it'll have a huge effect on whether or not Barton gets a ban or not.

Maybe he was doing it to deflect but anyone with eyes can see that Barton meant it so by saying otherwise he's made himself look daft, mentioning the Knockaert tackle that was absolutely fine was also bizarre.

He also said if they hadn't had the goal disallowed he thinks they'd have won because they were in the ascendancy and would've scored again. So how come as soon as they had the goal given they sat back and let Brighton come onto them again? There was still enough time for them to get another goal.

7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I can't imagine it'll have a huge effect on whether or not Barton gets a ban or not.

Maybe he was doing it to deflect but anyone with eyes can see that Barton meant it so by saying otherwise he's made himself look daft, mentioning the Knockaert tackle that was absolutely fine was also bizarre.

He also said if they hadn't had the goal disallowed he thinks they'd have won because they were in the ascendancy and would've scored again. So how come as soon as they had the goal given they sat back and let Brighton come onto them again? There was still enough time for them to get another goal.

I will ask you again.

What did you expect him to say when confronted by those video clips?

Also the Knockaert tackle wasn't fine. It was a yellow at least. He had left the floor and wasn't in control.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

I will ask you again.

What did you expect him to say when confronted by those video clips?

Also the Knockaert tackle wasn't fine. It was a yellow at least. He had left the floor and wasn't in control.

I'd probably expect him to say that it looks bad on first viewing but until he speaks to Barton he can't comment without speaking to Barton.

Rather than go massively on the defensive claiming Barton gets that done to him every game but it's okay because he just wanted to pick the ball up and that he isn't that sort of player anymore. It's just absolute nonsense and like I said he made a tit of himself by being so defensive.

And I think we'll have to agree to disagree on Knockaert. One footed, got the ball perfectly. Out of control my bottom.

58 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

When we were drawing at rotherham, I noticed Burnley again.... scored twice from corners.

Done it again at the death today.

I wonder how many of their goals come from set pieces... an an awful lot more than derby thats for sure.

For all keoghs ability to bring the ball out of defence, one goal a season would be nice. Keane is probably on about 7 at a guess.

our best threat from a corner is sat on the bench.

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

El Clasico tonight ! Looking forward to this ! Top 4 players in the world all on 1 pitch together and should be a nice tribute to the late Johann cruyff! 

Was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I expected it to be pretty ferocious but it was flat, despite Barca playing their best eleven there was very little pace or rhythm to their game. Messi, Neymar and Suarez all off the pace after playing two competitive games in South America.

Madrid deserved to win, even after they were dominated for the first 30 minutes or so.

Unless Bayern and Barca rediscover some urgency, I can see Real winning the Champions League this year. They're the freshest team, they have nothing else to play for, and they've been practically given a free ticket to the semi-finals.

12 hours ago, sage said:

Burnley deliberately (almost entirely through Barton) targetted Kayal and disrupted the match, looking for free kicks and corners (75%+ of their chances came from set plays). It worked a treat not helped by cruddy linesmen. Wednesday did the same. In short it was non-football direct % play.  

Archived