Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

They did spend £146m this summer.

Dont know where you got that figure from but they spent  around 119 million(which includes all the players yearly wages).They are mostly playing a lot of young players who are very underrated and were bought on bargains. The likes of koke,saul,Griezmann,vietto,correa,carrasco ,giminez are some of the best youngsters in the world. Just over the last few seasons their their values have increased extrordinarily.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing is won in January...

No but they will be competing right until the final day and will once again be major players in the champions league. Valencia should be where atletico are with their wage budget but they're struggling. Shows what an impressive job simeone has done

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No it is not. Got no idea where he got that figure from lol. Their wage budget before was less than qprs. 

The wage budget of some countries is less than QPRs, not the greatest barometer in that field I'm afraid. 

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'm currently watching malaga vs high flying celta vigo. Malaga are winning 2-0 with albenstoa scoring the second. He has done quite well recently in spain, always knew he was a decent player 

Yes,he is playing well,took his goal well,and it was nice to hear the commentatorsay he was on loan from Derby County

I've seen Stones play many times this season and I don't get the hype about him at all. The media talk about him like he is the second coming because he is an English centre back who can pass the ball. Apart from that he is a very poor defender and has been exposed whilst Jagielka has been injured.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I've seen Stones play many times this season and I don't get the hype about him at all. The media talk about him like he is the second coming because he is an English centre back who can pass the ball. Apart from that he is a very poor defender and has been exposed whilst Jagielka has been injured.

He was good enough for Mourinho to rate him at £50m. 

English players are all vastly overrated and vastle overpriced (in terms of talent) due to commercial reasons. Stones isn't a £50m player ability wise, but he could be worth that much for other reasons.

It's amazing how much money is in the Premier League. Someone like Barcelona or PSG would absolutely nail it. They'd finish on about 100 points.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

English players are all vastly overrated and vastle overpriced (in terms of talent) due to commercial reasons. Stones isn't a £50m player ability wise, but he could be worth that much for other reasons.

It's amazing how much money is in the Premier League. Someone like Barcelona or PSG would absolutely nail it. They'd finish on about 100 points.

Not really just English players though its any player in the the Prem because of the crazy money. Look at David Luiz leaving Chelsea for £50m. 

Teams like Barca would probably dominate the league, but I don't care because this league is ridiculously competitive and fun to watch, especially this season. 

28 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He was good enough for Mourinho to rate him at £50m. 

Mourinho isn't the best in the transfer market. He didn't think De Bruyne or Lukaku were good enough a few seasons ago yet he thought he could turn Falcao's fortunes around this season.

18 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Not really just English players though its any player in the the Prem because of the crazy money. Look at David Luiz leaving Chelsea for £50m. 

Teams like Barca would probably dominate the league, but I don't care because this league is ridiculously competitive and fun to watch, especially this season. 

I know Luiz was vastly overpriced but he isn't as bad as people think he is. Him and Thiago Silva have made PSG an unstoppable force at the back. Luiz has also won trophies such as the champions league, confederations cup and finished in the semi finals with his national team whilst Stones has achieved absolutely nothing in the game yet has been valued over 40 million

25 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The Premier League is excellent this season. The first season in 20 odd where it has actually been competitive. All it will take though is one good club to win it.

The winner is currently on for about 79 points - that's a record in itself.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I know Luiz was vastly overpriced but he isn't as bad as people think he is. Him and Thiago Silva have made PSG an unstoppable force at the back. Luiz has also won trophies such as the champions league, confederations cup and finished in the semi finals with his national team whilst Stones has achieved absolutely nothing in the game yet has been valued over 40 million

Stones isn't worth £40m, but Everton didn't want to sell him and Chelsea did so they kept bidding higher. Nothing to do with 'English players being overrated' its to do with the crazy money in English football that means that no Prem side needs to sell any of their players and can afford to sell them at inflated prices. 

Archived