Gaming

SaintRam

5 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Anyone else downloaded the Telltale Batman Series?

I'm a bit miffed that it's only the 3rd episode and already it's showing that choices I make don't matter. I won't spoil by saying exactly but this happened literally minutes after making a choice on how to act as Bruce Wayne, plot continuation meant it was worthless. 

thats the problem with telltale in general. I gave up with them after the game of thrones farcical.

17 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Agreed, but I allowed myself to be fooled again. Because, Batman. 

Their best one IMO was Wolf Among Us. 

never played that one. Was tempted with the new walking dead stuff but left it. Could be arsed waiting six months between each episode.

On 11/1/2016 at 07:18, David said:

I've destroyed my Fifa Journey save, put a couple of crap performances in games and training to get dropped so I could skip games quicker.

Started me in the FA Cup Semi Final, put in a 10 performance, not in the team for the next game v Palace so simulate it, lose 1-0, dragged into the office and released.

Oldest game save still puts me right on the FA Cup game, no training or anything to recover myself. 

Even tried it on beginner and scored 11 goals but still dropped then released.

Was only 4 games from the end of the season ?

Is it worth spending 80 bucks on just for remastered? 

Considering asking for a PS4 from Santa but wondered what you lot think about the system and indeed the games?

I'm a pretty basic gamer and am not interested in online multiplayer things and all the extras. I just want to play the games by myself as a single player. Are most games nowadays geared towards playing online with total strangers throughout the world or can you still play them solo campaigns?

I had a PS3 a few years ago and to be honest I got fed up of games morphing into films. Shoot a few baddies - cut scene for 5 minutes, blow up some depot - cut scene for 5 minutes, find a helicopter to pilot and when you step inside - cut scene for 5 minutes.

It spoiled my enjoyment and continuity of most games if I'm honest. I spend 40 on a game to play it, not to watch it.

Has this got worse on PS4?

Love any advice and game advice too. I'm a survival horror fan, loved the old resi evils and silent hills but they don't seem to make games like this anymore where you find items, follow maps and solve puzzles. It's all about incessant blasting of zombies from what I gather.

Anyone any ideas thanks?

8 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Considering asking for a PS4 from Santa but wondered what you lot think about the system and indeed the games?

I'm a pretty basic gamer and am not interested in online multiplayer things and all the extras. I just want to play the games by myself as a single player. Are most games nowadays geared towards playing online with total strangers throughout the world or can you still play them solo campaigns?

I had a PS3 a few years ago and to be honest I got fed up of games morphing into films. Shoot a few baddies - cut scene for 5 minutes, blow up some depot - cut scene for 5 minutes, find a helicopter to pilot and when you step inside - cut scene for 5 minutes.

It spoiled my enjoyment and continuity of most games if I'm honest. I spend 40 on a game to play it, not to watch it.

Love any advice and game advice too. I'm a survival horror fan, loved the old resi evils and silent hills but they don't seem to make games like this anymore where you find items, follow maps and solve puzzles. It's all about incessant blasting of zombies from what I gather.

Anyone any ideas thanks?

PS4 wins hands down over the XBONE, and that's coming from someone who owned Microsoft consoles exclusively before anyone accuses my of being a Sony fanboy.

I completely agree regarding the way console gaming has gone with multiplayer modes being shoehorned into every genre and game developers suddenly thinking that they're movie directors. Sadly, the answer is yes it has got worse and it will continue to get worse. There are still a few decent games knocking around though.

Maybe try Alien: Isolation and SOMA. I'd say they're the closest you'll get to the survival/puzzle/exploration experience you want.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne are action games as opposed to straight up horror, but they're widely regarded as two of the best games to be produced in recent years and hark back to an age where beating a game required skill.

P.T. - I only mention this demo to annoy you because you can't get it anymore and the game will never be made. It was going to be an instalment of the Silent Hills franchise directed by Hideo Kojima and looked creepy as ****.

If you have a decent PC, Monstrum is a pretty good survival horror too.

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Anyone any ideas thanks?

I've never found one , but always thought there was a market for a game like that. I'm obviously wrong , otherwise there would be one. Maybe it's only you and me that would play it. 

I'm too thick and too slow to play online . 

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Anyone any ideas thanks?

The latest metal gear solid is surprisingly good for letting you crack on and play the game. I say surprisingly because metal gear solid 4 has to have the longest cutscenes ever.

18 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Anyone any ideas thanks?

I sound like a similar gamer to you and never play online.  I have a PS4 and have got a lot of enjoyment out of games like Fallout4 and Unchartered 4 amongst others.  There are games with short pieces of action followed by long cut scenes (Until Dawn) springs to mind but I did still enjoy that.

I'd get one...

Playstation or Xbox, long cinematic experiences are where gaming has been going over the last 5+ years. Studios are spending movie like budgets to create movie like experiences.

For horror games, give Outlast and Evil Within a go.

Shame you are not a fan of cinematic games as Until Dawn is a great survival horror game but that is very much a Heavy Rain style game where you watch 70% of it and make choices for 30%. Damn good though.

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers for all the advice. That Outlast game looks worth playing.

I also used to like platformers like Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet & Clank and also Jak & Daxter but they don't seem to make them anymore either unless anybody has some suggestions on this genre?

Thanks all

You can play crash bandicoot in uncharted 4.