Gaming

SaintRam

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Problem is they have ruined the whole WW1 vibe by using experimental weapons as the main weapons. Too many machine guns. Should be like CoD 1 through 3 with bolt actions

I'm entirely unsurprised by this movement. DICE do this a lot. All the bolt action weapons will be overpowered though lol

Red Orchestra series remain the best war games for realism and immersion. Almost everyone has a bolt action rifle, you tell teams apart by uniform, friendly fire always on etc. Such fun. Stressful though. 

For me, BF isn't really a WW1 game, I know too much about WW1 - but I really like the environments anyway. Especially the North Italy/Central Europe maps. 

I've been solely sniping (despite the again experimental tech involved) because it's the only bolt action rifle I have access to lol 

Im not surprised either, kids these days dont understand enough about things like WW1, the type of warfare etc. They all want fast past gameplay. I have had some of my most enjoyable games on an online shooter playing CoD 3 on 360, slowly stalking the enemy through fields and bushes with my bolt action rifle.

I've been messing about with dream league football on my iPad. It's not too bad, it's no FIFA but it's a bit of a fun. My team is Derby City :ph34r:

but oh heck .. In game purchase drive me mad.  It crashes a lot as well. Almost impossible to progress without coughing up money.

i wish we could get back to paying for a game and that's it. 

22 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Project IGI was a flawed genius.

I thought the first one was perfect apart from the inability to save games. The second one was ruined, they made it too complicated and difficult, and it had loads of bugs/hardware incompatibilities.

I got Fifa 16 and I am not sure I am missing something but I have won my first three games, 8-0, 4-0 & 8-1 (single player) and this is me occasionally still having to look at the controller before I know which button crosses or tackles!  I guess it gets harder - I am playing Ultimate team.

I have also found some challenges that seem to win me coins - loan a player, sign a player etc.

It is also a bit confusing that I have named my team Bridgford but the badge says Perth Glory and the club name appears to be Stutggart FC.

Any newbie tips to get me started?

4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I got Fifa 16 and I am not sure I am missing something but I have won my first three games, 8-0, 4-0 & 8-1 (single player) and this is me occasionally still having to look at the controller before I know which button crosses or tackles!  I guess it gets harder - I am playing Ultimate team. - In single player FUT the difficulty is set in the competition from the start. For example the first one is set to something like Novice and they get harder as you complete the tournaments. 

I have also found some challenges that seem to win me coins - loan a player, sign a player etc. - Yep, the Manager tasks are handy for when you start. There is another currency, you will notice it going up in the top right of the main menu, if you click the right stick it will bring up the FIFA Catalogue which has kits and balls but also players to loan and coin boosts for FUT mode.

It is also a bit confusing that I have named my team Bridgford but the badge says Perth Glory and the club name appears to be Stutggart FC. - You get badges and kits in Packs. In the FUT menu, you go to My Club and you can view any balls, kits and badges you have obtained which you can then set for your team. Its essentially like a 5 a side team playing in a real teams kit so they all look part of a team. 

Any newbie tips to get me started?

9 hours ago, jono said:

I've been messing about with dream league football on my iPad. It's not too bad, it's no FIFA but it's a bit of a fun. My team is Derby City :ph34r:

but oh heck .. In game purchase drive me mad.  It crashes a lot as well. Almost impossible to progress without coughing up money.

i wish we could get back to paying for a game and that's it. 

I play Top Eleven manager on iPhone. Literally turn it on for 5 mins a day to train my tea and occasionally check matches, but it's good fun.

If you stay on top of it at the right times, you can consistently be near the top of your league every season and progress. And the fact that all matches are against other players makes it interesting.

Friend and I decided on Titanfall 2 over Battlefield 1 and so far have nothing to regret over that decision. Single player campaign much better than expected. Excellent level design.

General improvement from Titanfall 1's multiplayer, looking forward to putting some time into it. 

The deciding factor on this decision, though, was that you only have to pay for Titanfall 2 once. No Season Pass. All future DLC free. Like games should be. 

12 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Cheers for this, I have started buying up a few English Derby players to boost my chemistry - Grant, Shackell & Thorne so far. Am I right in thinking that players ratings will go up and down based on real life performance (or is that only in the newest version of the game?).

I managed to buy a vintage kit pack that included an old Derby shirt with the other type of currency you mentioned and applying that gave me another achievement. 

A couple of things I am still not sure on - although I am picking stuff up - I can't seem to transfer list some of my squad and can't work out why.  Also I can't understand the idea of concept players.  I have added one to my squad but you are not allowed to play a game with them in the team.

Also, how am I earning that other type of currency?  I seem to have a lot, is it hard to come by when you have spent your initial reserves?

Lastly can you buy two of the same player?

3 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Cheers for this, I have started buying up a few English Derby players to boost my chemistry - Grant, Shackell & Thorne so far. Am I right in thinking that players ratings will go up and down based on real life performance (or is that only in the newest version of the game?).

I managed to buy a vintage kit pack that included an old Derby shirt with the other type of currency you mentioned and applying that gave me another achievement. 

A couple of things I am still not sure on - although I am picking stuff up - I can't seem to transfer list some of my squad and can't work out why.  Also I can't understand the idea of concept players.  I have added one to my squad but you are not allowed to play a game with them in the team.

Also, how am I earning that other type of currency?  I seem to have a lot, is it hard to come by when you have spent your initial reserves?

Lastly can you buy two of the same player?

The FIFA points are separate to the coins you earn for winning games etc. FIFA points are essentially there to get people to part with cash, you buy them for real money as a shortcut to grinding out the game to earn coins to buy players/card packs.

I think you can buy two of the same player but you can't play them in the same squad.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The FIFA points are separate to the coins you earn for winning games etc. FIFA points are essentially there to get people to part with cash, you buy them for real money as a shortcut to grinding out the game to earn coins to buy players/card packs.

I think you can buy two of the same player but you can't play them in the same squad.

So I guess they give you plenty to start with but when they are gone you have to pay for new ones?

16 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

So I guess they give you plenty to start with but when they are gone you have to pay for new ones?

Yeah like all the best drug dealers they get you hooked for free then sell you the top ups! Some lads I know have spent hundreds on it chasing players like Messi and Ronaldo. I don't really go for ultimate team much, I stick to career mode.

Kinda wish I didn't download Battlefield 1 now, not regretting trying it but would be nice to have a disc to trade in.

I bought into the hype, more I play it the more I hate it, oooops.

Titanfall 2 looks like it has the vertical movement I've come to hate in Call of Duty so I'm reluctant to drop more money on a duff shooter with COD 4 round the corner.

1 hour ago, David said:

Kinda wish I didn't download Battlefield 1 now, not regretting trying it but would be nice to have a disc to trade in.

I bought into the hype, more I play it the more I hate it, oooops.

Titanfall 2 looks like it has the vertical movement I've come to hate in Call of Duty so I'm reluctant to drop more money on a duff shooter with COD 4 round the corner.

Each to their own - I tend to be comfortable with the idea of buying a game to discover its not for me. 

Titanfalls "pilot" combat is very fast paced and a lot more fluid than CoD's vertical elements. But you spend the majority of matches in your Titan, I find, so it doesn't really play into it too much.

I liken Titanfalls non-titan gameplay more to Tribes than CoD - but non PC gamers probably wont know what Tribes is.

If you know you're going to enjoy the remaster of CoD4 - and you're not comfortable with the idea of buying another game to find its not for you - then I think its a no brainer to wait. I won't be playing the new CoD4 (or infinite warfare) - I prefer my memories of it.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Each to their own - I tend to be comfortable with the idea of buying a game to discover its not for me. 

Titanfalls "pilot" combat is very fast paced and a lot more fluid than CoD's vertical elements. But you spend the majority of matches in your Titan, I find, so it doesn't really play into it too much.

I liken Titanfalls non-titan gameplay more to Tribes than CoD - but non PC gamers probably wont know what Tribes is.

If you know you're going to enjoy the remaster of CoD4 - and you're not comfortable with the idea of buying another game to find its not for you - then I think its a no brainer to wait. I won't be playing the new CoD4 (or infinite warfare) - I prefer my memories of it.

I would be more comfortable if it wasn't £55 a pop, can't keep trying these games whilst affording to feed the dog. Was watching the non titan gameplay on YouTube the other day, it's this mode that would only really interest me tbh.

CoD 4 was where I started out.....well technically it was Medal of Honor on the PSP which got me into FPS and the move to Xbox, I caught it at the tail end around the summer as MW2 was released in the November. 

Just pissed off that you have to buy IW as it doesn't interest me in the slightest, not pre ordered or anything, still weighing up my options. Fear that if I wait for it to be sold separately the game could be dead already, hard to see which way it will go.