Back room staff announced

Cardifframs

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think this Zuberbuhler guy shows we are going places, I think it's only fare we give him a chance and see if he can get Grant on the road to recovery, if he doesn't then it's Taaaaaxi for Zuber

taxi for grant surely?

you still don't like Grant? 

i'm just pointing out that that if the goalkeeper keeps making errors why sack the coach?

surely you change the keeper whether its grant or whoever else.

i'm just pointing out that that if the goalkeeper keeps making errors why sack the coach?

Grant did have an injury at the end of the season what apparently lead to his bad form. Nothing the coaches could have done. 

It would be interesting to know how the scouting arrangement works now. Not the scouts involved in player recruitment, but the scouts who compile reports on the opposition.

often those scouts seem to have a relationship with the manager or head coach. I don't know who does that job for us. Just that nigel sacked the scouts when he came in. 

The lack of experience i see with PC and JP is not with regards to coaching but with regards to managing in the championship, with knowledge of the opposition etc, and with experience of commanding the dressing room in the heat of battle. A few experienced scouts To compile reports on the opposition would be beneficial.

it will be interesting to see what happens to simmo and eric.

i do wonder whether schteve felt there was something lacking and thats why he brought in steve round?

he's made an interesting appointment at newcastle with ian cathro. I kind of wish we could have got him in too. He has a similar cv to PC. 

Grant did have an injury at the end of the season what apparently lead to his bad form. Nothing the coaches could have done. 

I've read on here that Steele didn't want to play Grant but Steve made the call.

so i read but i don't buy that.

grants errors are due to poor decision making and bizarre technique. Watch the video. Watch what he does. His flap at the corner v forest is terrible. Anyway.....Its gone now. No point debating it. But he cost three people their jobs. If they had been brave enough and positive enough to take the necessary action, i think all three would still be here now. 

The continued selection of Grant exposed a real weakness in the management team.

so i read but i don't buy that.

grants errors are due to poor decision making and bizarre technique. Watch the video. Watch what he does. His flap at the corner v forest is terrible. Anyway.....Its gone now. No point debating it. But he cost three people their jobs. If they had been brave enough and positive enough to take the necessary action, i think all three would still be here now. 

The continued selection of Grant exposed a real weakness in the management team.

I don't think that Lee Grant cost them their job though. Apart from the attackers the rest of the team were dire in that part of the season, it is unfair to lay all the blame on Granty.

I don't think that Lee Grant cost them their job though. Apart from the attackers the rest of the team were dire in that part of the season, it is unfair to lay all the blame on Granty.

It has been mentioned Steele worked on the Def of set pieces from the whole team. That was the most shocking aspect of our team last year.

It has been mentioned Steele worked on the Def of set pieces from the whole team. That was the most shocking aspect of our team last year.

it is a conundrum. Steele was supposedly a top goalkeeping coach. Grant is supposedly a top keeper in this league. We had a former england manager. So someone explain that corner v huddersfield when the whole defence ran to the near post leaving their guy with a free header and grant rooted to the spot? 

Roll on 2015-16.

I meant rate him. You really don't rate him. 

i find his form puzzling tbh.

I don't remember him causing me any sleepless nights before last season. He dropped clangers when he was younger but i thought he'd put all that behind him. 

Archived