Old programmes.

ollycutts1982

Afternoon guys and gals. 

Ive managed to drag myself from the transfer thread waiting for updates for a few mins to ask a question. 

I have a bucket loads of old programmes dating back to 1994-1995 I believe. When I was a young whippersnapper I used to religiously buy programmes to each Rams game I went to. I stopped about 6-7 years ago. 

Basically I am getting tired of tripping over them. What's everyone's thoughts, are the worth keeping, selling, binning? 

Thanks. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon guys and gals.

Ive managed to drag myself from the transfer thread waiting for updates for a few mins to ask a question.

I have a bucket loads of old programmes dating back to 1994-1995 I believe. When I was a young whippersnapper I used to religiously buy programmes to each Rams game I went to. I stopped about 6-7 years ago.

Basically I am getting tired of tripping over them. What's everyone's thoughts, are the worth keeping, selling, binning?

Thanks.

Unless they are MINT condition they will never be worth anything and as you're tripping over them I guess you haven't stored them properly to maintain them.

Best course of action is to either bin them if you don't mind them or if you want them to look back on in years to come when we're Champions of Europe the stick them in the loft in a corner somewhere!

Unless they are MINT condition they will never be worth anything and as you're tripping over them I guess you haven't stored them properly to maintain them.

Best course of action is to either bin them if you don't mind them or if you want them to look back on in years to come when we're Champions of Europe the stick them in the loft in a corner somewhere!

Mine went back to the 70s, and those dreadful "newspaper programmes", in various boxes gathering dust. Thought about flogging them, but couldn't really be bothered with all that grief in exchange for peanuts. So I binned them all 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Sell them! You'll get a fair bit.

A friend of mine got me every single home programme from 1994 for my 21st, and it took her a fair amount of searching to do it because it's more than one season. Someone will definitely snap them up on ebay, for a fair few quid as well.

EDIT: our definition of "a fair few quid" probably differs, as I'm a student...

Could almost swear I read this before...

They are in good condition because believe it or not it became habit so I bought them barely read them and the put them in a box. It's the boxes I'm tripping over.

There is a difference between "good" and "mint". Which are they?

I would say 90% are mint.

Wait a few months until we're doing well in the league or wait until we get promoted and everyone is looking at us then stick them up for auction I reckon then. Worst comes to worst you barely make any money, but by binning them you wouldn't be anyway!

Most modern football programmes (including Derby's) from 1970 onwards are not worth much. If you check the listings on eBay most either don't sell at all, or perhaps go for a pound or two. Some of the Ram newspapers from the early 1980s are scarce and newspapers from the two Championship winning seasons in 1971/72 and 1974/75 are collectable. In particular the Carlisle issue from April 1975 is rare and can sell for £30 or more (a few years back it sold for around £100). 1960s Derby programmes are fairly common, early to mid 1950s and 1940s ones are harder to get hold of and currently sell for between £5-£20. Pre World War Two programmes can sell for £100 or more depending on opposition. As a previous poster said, condition is important with tears, rips, punched holes and team changes sometimes reducing value significantly.

Mine went back to the 70s, and those dreadful "newspaper programmes", in various boxes gathering dust. Thought about flogging them, but couldn't really be bothered with all that grief in exchange for peanuts. So I binned them all 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I know a mate who would have loved these, he's always raving about the old newspaper type programmes, and where he found some.

shame you binned them, even if you gave them away it would have given someone some enjoyment.

:(

you'll regret that......if you haven't already.

Archived