Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

You need to challenge PC after all it is he that makes that decision, i said that if he indeed goes to Cardiff, there will be somebody here as a replacement and as i said earlier probably for more than £1.5 million.

Clement has said Russell is not far sale... I'd interpret that as Russell being firmly in his first team plans.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement has said Russell is not far sale... I'd interpret that as Russell being firmly in his first team plans.

Too right!!!!

With all the transfer activity going on its very easy to forget how good some of the existing squad are and how they deserve a chance under the new coaching setup. 

Johnny Russell and our captain are two such players.

Johnny is undoubtedly talented and with a different coaching approach can gain some consistency along with a sustained run of games in the side. 

Some fans need to just have patience and not keep wanting a fire sale. 

With all the transfer activity going on its very easy to forget how good some of the existing squad are and how they deserve a chance under the new coaching setup. 

Johnny Russell and our captain are two such players.

Johnny is undoubtedly talented and with a different coaching approach can gain some consistency along with a sustained run of games in the side. 

Some fans need to just have patience and not keep wanting a fire sale. 

Too much change can ruin a squad, before you know it you can end up like QPR with a squad of mercenary players who care very little about the club they play for, only about collecting their cheque at the end of the week.

Both Russell and Keogh seem like the sort of characters who would be influential in the dressing room, players that can raise morale if our confidence has been dented. So while they both may occasionally get stick, sometimes their value can go beyond the football field itself and extend beyond into the dressing room.

Not to mention they're both great players at this level.

Obviously not to Cardiff City, otherwise they wouldn't have come back with another offer......

Look JR is a good player but gurantee if he's sold on - there will be a better player here probably already 'ear marked.' knowing how we bought pre season......

Fair post.... I just don't get all the he's a brilliant player, he works hard etc...

I can't think of one game where he was the actual difference in a game for us.... Maybe Wolves at home last season at a push.

Prefer match winners over hard workers.... 

Wasn't Russell second in the number of 'goal assists' for Derby last season (just one behind Hendrick who I am guessing played more).

I don't get all this hard worker v match winner nonsense. If you are a good player who is productive for the team then generally you also have to work hard to achieve it. Not saying that he should be in the team next season, if we get someone better then fine, but one or two on here don't see what they are looking at. 

Wasn't Russell second in the number of 'goal assists' for Derby last season (just one behind Hendrick who I am guessing played more).

I don't get all this hard worker v match winner nonsense. If you are a good player who is productive for the team then generally you also have to work hard to achieve it. Not saying that he should be in the team next season, if we get someone better then fine, but one or two on here don't see what they are looking at. 

I just think he's a bang average footballer.... Whose had the odd decent game and goal.

Love for him to prove me wrong....

But I don't see what the one or two are looking at when they tell me he's class... 

after his free kick just I take it all back 

I just think he's a bang average footballer.... Whose had the odd decent game and goal.

But I don't see what the one or two are looking at when they tell me he's class... 

Does the goal v Forest really need to be posted again?

He is definitely not class (Will Hughes is class), but he does produce the goods more than people think. 

Does the goal v Forest really need to be posted again?

like I  said... The odd decent goal. Even Gary Teale scored a rocket once.... True story

like I  said... The odd decent goal. Even Gary Teale scored a rocket once.... True story

I remember, and what a day that was!

To even compare Russell and Teale is ridiculous. Russell's play extends beyond goals though, you're in the same boat as super rams if you think that's all he contributes, or doesn't in that case.

There's a reason he's become a fan's favourite; he works so hard for the team as well as possessing the ability to run at defenders and cause problems. I think we'll see the best of Russell this coming season where he's (probably) got 2 strikers playing in front of him.

I remember, and what a day that was!

To even compare Russell and Teale is ridiculous. Russell's play extends beyond goals though, you're in the same boat as super rams if you think that's all he contributes, or doesn't in that case.

There's a reason he's become a fan's favourite; he works so hard for the team as well as possessing the ability to run at defenders and cause problems. I think we'll see the best of Russell this coming season where he's (probably) got 2 strikers playing in front of him.

really don't agree.... Think you'll see more often on the bench. Agree he works hard not doubting that....

The main point for me is he was a marquee signing.... Ability to be a 20 a season man we were told. 

I really can't remember a game where I thought Johnny Russell was difference between the two sides.... We have to agree to disagree.

Gary Teale.... Well I will agree with that

Archived