The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing this all come to fruition. I'll have my camera read in the East Stand :o)

@The 1884 Group Are you guys (or the club) planning on having any sort of proper photography/video for this? If it all comes off (which I'm sure it will), it'd be brilliant to have some high quality/professional footage of it. I'm sure the club would love to be able to use it in future marketing stuff.

Good luck chaps. Can't wait to see it.

We haven't got any professional stuff done no, good shout, but we didn't want to use donations on it!

It may be a bit late in the day to ask them, but I'm sure the club could help you out, based on the fact they can use the footage/images in future marketing.

I know there'll be stuff going on in future but you'll only get one chance to capture the first time, and it'd be a shame to just have a few blurry camera phone videos/photos as a document.

On the "shooting towards the South Stand" thing, my understanding is this won't be changed, but if it is, it's entirely Paul Clement's decision.

Need to get that clarified here!

IIRC we shot towards the south stand in the second half v Villareal? 

Is there anyone on here who doesn't have a season ticket but would like to discuss an opportunity to attend every game? If so PM me, this is a first come, first served opportunity.

We will have 320 flags, 10kg confetti, 200 streamers and balloons on the 15th, just about ready now! We will be putting out requests for matchday help next week.

320 flags in a stand of 5500 will hardly be seen I think. How big are they? And where in the stand will they be?

320 flags in a stand of 5500 will hardly be seen I think. How big are they? And where in the stand will they be?

1m x 1.5m, all over the stand.

South Stand has approx 3500 when you take out away fans, segregation, and the block immediately next to the away fans (club have asked us not to put anything in there for security reasons).

So we have roughly 10% of people in there with a flag, plus 3000 envelopes witgh confetti, 100 balloons and 200 streamers. Plus anyone bringing their own scarves or flags. Near enough everyone should have something.

Also, we can only provide what donations and our time allow. The more money we raise, the more flags we can provide in future. We have spent hours of our own time doing it over the summer, trust me we couldn't get anymore done!

When we have 2000 in there, I'll be delighted but it's one step at a time!

1m x 1.5m, all over the stand.

South Stand has approx 3500 when you take out away fans, segregation, and the block immediately next to the away fans (club have asked us not to put anything in there for security reasons).

So we have roughly 10% of people in there with a flag, plus 3000 envelopes witgh confetti, 100 balloons and 200 streamers. Plus anyone bringing their own scarves or flags. Near enough everyone should have something.

Also, we can only provide what donations and our time allow. The more money we raise, the more flags we can provide in future. We have spent hours of our own time doing it over the summer, trust me we couldn't get anymore done!

When we have 2000 in there, I'll be delighted but it's one step at a time

wasn't having a pop. They're big flags really then. Should be good.

All looks/ sounds excellent for saturday. Out of interest, do you guys as a group have anything even more special up your sleeves for big cups games/ Forest. By that I mean is there any ideas up your sleeves to make it even more black and white. I know it will come down to money obviously but just wondering. Keep up the good work.

All looks/ sounds excellent for saturday. Out of interest, do you guys as a group have anything even more special up your sleeves for big cups games/ Forest. By that I mean is there any ideas up your sleeves to make it even more black and white. I know it will come down to money obviously but just wondering. Keep up the good work.

if we have the funds we can do anything from flags to tifos to card displays. Here's an example of man city, and a TiVo at Seattle. I'd love a forest fire tifo covering the south stand but not sure if it's a bit too much for the club to sanction.

Well see nearer to the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

imag0693.jpg

I think I'd like to see the displays etc focus solely on supporting our team, rather than using it as an opportunity to engage in "banter" and score points against opposition fans.

Obviously it's your group to run as you wish, I just think it would be nice if it stayed classy.

Just my two penneth.

Archived